The AEM content Author is a team member of the Digital Lab Consumer Channels team within AbbVie’s US Commercial Digital Lab.
This role will be responsible for authoring in, updating, and publishing web pages and components within Adobe Experience Manager platform across portfolio for our Brand marketing websites and customer apps.
The Author will manage/work with copy, images, videos, PDFs, SEO metadata, and tagging to implement the sites. The Web Content Author will be responsible for publishing and maintain content updates to various websites. All authoring will be done in adherence to content requirements and input from marketers, creative agencies and team leads.
Create web pages and author in components within Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) based on requirements documentation provided by the Web specialist.
Use responsive web design to craft sites which provide optimal viewing, interaction experience, and readability.
Implement re-usable components and experience fragments to streamline the authoring process.
Style content using CSS to match creative specifications.
Document authoring instructions and guidelines.
Manage assets within Adobe Digital Asset Manager.
Collaborate within a cross functional team throughout the workday.
Identify, troubleshoot, and document browser/platform compatibility issues and standards.
Ensure that end users enjoy a cohesive, logical, and intuitive experience.
Work in a cross-channel environment publishing content for desktop/laptop and mobile devices.
Ensure professional-quality content and evaluate and test standardization and quality of page components.
Collaborate and partner with Web specialists and the broader channels team members
Edit a variety of digital content as needed, including marketing pages, informational content, navigational elements, form field labels and messaging, error messages, contextual help, alert messages and FAQs.
Support and own content submission packaging for legal and regulatory approvals process via Veeva
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 3+ years of experience contributing to enterprise website that include migration and online production (using AEM and/or other web content management system)
· Strong understanding of Web Development
· 1+ years of experience using Adobe Enterprise Manager (AEM) for authoring/updating content
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud UI & UX applications (Xd, InD, Figma, Photoshop, etc.)
· Competency with web UX conventions and standards, including accessibility and SEO
· Skilled at editing and proofreading: Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofing skills
· Ability to troubleshoot web front-end functionality issues, cross browser and device issues
· MS Office Suites background (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Experience with project tracking through Jira / Confluence
· Digital marketing experience required, and agency experience preferred
· Exposure to Agile development process preferred
· Experience in pharmaceuticals or another highly regulated industry preferred
· Experience with Veeva is plus
· Experience with Workfront is a plus
Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational/time management, planning/prioritization skills and troubleshooting skills
Requires strong collaboration and people skills to be effective managing through a highly matrixed organization
Extreme attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
Comfortable juggling multiple, concurrent with tight deadlines
Excellent judgment and the ability to handle escalated situations
Proven ability to build relationships and work independently
Professional manner and approach in working within a team
Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timeline
Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
Outstanding communicator and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.