Regional Travel Manager, Americas
The AbbVie Travel program develops strategic direction and operational support by setting policy, monitoring compliance, supporting cost controls, and ensuring quality through multiple program components and supplier relationships. All departments and locations globally operate under the framework provided by Global Travel. The travel program supports over 20,000 travelers and represents over 200 million dollars in global travel spend of which 65% is generated in the US, Canada, and Latin America markets.
The Regional Travel Manager oversees the operational relationship with travel agency offices in the US, Canada, and Latin America markets, comprising 15 countries. The position supports all levels of AbbVie employees to understand business needs and translates those needs to suppliers for the best service. This position will manage regional relationships with air, hotel, rail, and car rental suppliers and serve as the subject matter expert for travel-related programs.
- Administer and provide guidance on AbbVie’s global travel policy.
- Implement strategic travel initiatives that will result in increased traveler satisfaction, cost savings, policy compliance, productivity, and security for AbbVie travelers.
- Keep abreast of developments in the travel industry and assess travel processes, tools, and policies that will strengthen the travel program and enhance traveler experience.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to the Purchasing and Supplier Management team and collaborate to develop and execute global sourcing strategies including RFPs and travel related contracts.
- Monitor supplier service delivery and ensure that AbbVie’s travel suppliers operate per contractual obligations, SLAs, reporting requirements, and policy compliance.
- Promote and educate the use of preferred suppliers, global corporate card program, online booking tools, and the use of the global travel website and other educational resources.
- Administer of the Concur Travel booking tool and key liaison between end users and AbbVie Business Technology Solutions team.
- Partner with Business Services Group to ensure alignment of objectives between transient and group travel programs.
- Serve as an extended member of the crisis action team and work collaboratively with operations to ensure security processes and tools are integrated into the AbbVie travel program. As such, after hours activities may be required during a crisis or emergency situations.
- Develop travel metrics and reporting to measure travel management practices, trends, and compliance to policy.
- Deliver standardized reporting and ad hoc analysis from a variety of sources as needed.
- Integrate newly acquired businesses into the AbbVie travel program.
- Based in the Chicago area with a hybrid work requirement of at least 3 days in AbbVie office
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in travel/hospitality management, business administration, procurement, or finance.
- 7+ years of experience of related experience.
- Corporate travel industry knowledge and experience using benchmark data to drive program improvements.
- Success in deploying travel technology (preferably Concur) processes, and policies.
- Familiar with geographical challenges of travel arrangements and service configurations
- Strong understanding of the integration and workflow surrounding data sources such as corporate cards, reservation systems, and expense data
- Self-starter with a high level of confidence and the ability to motivate and influence others without having a direct line of authority.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across functional groups and reporting structures.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively sell the travel program’s value proposition.
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and competing priorities with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Ability to establish and drive strategic initiatives using relevant metrics.
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.