The QTAS (Quantitative, Translational and ADME Sciences) department at AbbVie Bay Area (ABA) in South San Francisco, CA is looking for a Senior Scientist I in the ligand binding assay (LBA) group.
· Develop and validate biomarker LBA methods to support pre-clinical and clinical studies, including preanalytical sample processing, biomarker stability evaluation in the handling and storage conditions of such samples, and assay implementation.
· Characterize internally developed and commercial biomarker analytical methods in a fit-for-purpose manner based on biomarker Context Of Use (COU). Follow and contribute to the generation of test methods, draft assay validation plans and validation reports.
· Employ experience using and choosing LBA platforms and software for data acquisition, analyses, and presentations. Employ experience using automation systems for enhanced efficiency and data quality.
· Perform manual and/or automated validation experiments and sample testing in compliance with Good Scientific Practices (GSPs) and Good Clinical Practices (GCP) guidelines. Review and perform data quality control to ensure integrity and compliance. Document and archive data to ensure traceability and quality.
· Use computer skills and software to compile, analyze assay results, present at group meetings, and discuss with data statistician to facilitate data analysis.
· Prepare buffers and reagents necessary for conducting assay runs. Conduct performance verifications on ligand binding assay lab instruments such as plate washers and readers.
· B.S. in biology, (bio)chemistry, or microbiology with ≥ 8 years relevant experience, or M.S. in highly related academic equivalence with ≥ 5 years relevant experience, or PhD. in highly related academic equivalence with ≥ 1 year relevant experience required.
· Experience in developing biomarker and PK assays using LBA platforms such as ELISA, MSD, high sensitivity platforms (e.g., SMCxPro and SIMOA), and ideally multiplex platforms such as Luminex, MSD and Olink. Experience in lab automation is a plus.
· Excellent scientific knowledge and communication skills to understand the drug candidate mechanism of action, anticipated pharmacodynamic properties, and biomarker COU to ensure fit-for-purpose biomarker assay development and validation.
· Experience in handling and processing animal and human blood samples for biomarker and drug level measurement. Experience working under GLP/GCP regulation preferred.
Key Leadership Competencies
· Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
· High energy, quick learner, and experience working in a cross-functional matrixed environment with attention to detail is critical.
· Flexibility to accommodate an ever-evolving pipeline and shifting priorities.
· Open-minded, listen-to-learn attitude, dedicated to inclusion, embraces ideas from colleagues.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.