Why join Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma?
Our mission is to help improve the health of humankind.
We are a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization with sites in Belgium, United States, Japan, and India providing comprehensive development, cGMP manufacturing, and aseptic fill finish services. We pride ourselves in offering a unique environment in which the work we do every day plays a crucial role in society.
We hope to inspire employees to come to work engaged and ready to give their all. This allows Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma to meet the commitments it makes to partners, patients and employees.
Total Rewards package designed to make your life better:
We offer health benefits, annual performance bonus, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, matching 401k contributions (immediate vesting), tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and much more!
Your next career move:
We are currently seeking a Facilities Maintenance Specialist III who will be responsible for maintaining and providing input for improvements to utilities and facilities supporting biopharmaceutical manufacturing and aseptic filling operations. This position supports operations in ensuring use-ready and compliant facilities and utilities, including advanced troubleshooting, completion of preventive maintenance, and the completion of CMMS and GMP-related documentation. The Facilities Maintenance Specialist III is expected to provide input to management, including planning of maintenance work, project management tasks, and investigating and resolving unusual situations. This role also provides guidance and coordination to team members and trains staff on elements of the facilities maintenance trades.
- Performs, as part of a team, a wide variety of tasks to maintain facilities, utilities, labs, and cleanrooms in use-ready, compliant state.
- Monitors, responds to, and corrects issues resulting in Building Management System (BMS) system alarms.
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, and team members in support of facility initiatives, work request completion, or other duties as assigned in a professional and team-oriented manner.
- Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Trains junior staff in facilities maintenance trades and safety procedures; assists management to determine training needs for the team.
- Assists management in planning and scheduling preventative maintenance work and recommends approaches to preventative maintenance programs.
- Orders and stocks supplies, spare parts, and equipment.
- Completes CMMS entries and required training activities.
- Travels between facilities to support all functional areas.
- Will be on call during natural disaster or inclement weather.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant hands-on experience in facility maintenance.
- Minimum of 4 years of cGMP experience preferred.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Thorough understanding of support and clean utility systems, and cleanrooms.
- Working knowledge of cGMP.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team, and independently.
The anticipated hourly range for candidates who will work in California is $27.63 to $38.69
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is a multi-state employer, and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires participate in a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.