Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Procurement Specialist to join the Supply Chain team. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Sourcing and Procurement.
The candidate will be responsible for procurement operations related to materials, supplies, and services in Santa Monica, US and Amsterdam, NL.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the new vendor onboarding process to ensure new vendors are setup in a timely manner while meeting the company’s risk management program including requirements for financial compliance and sustainability initiatives
- Issue purchase orders for indirect goods and services globally; liaise with internal customers and external vendors to troubleshoot any delivery, quality, or billing issues
- Receive goods in the purchasing system
- Manage the database for product change notifications from suppliers and work cross-functionally to obtain impact assessments from QA, MFG, PD, and AD
- Negotiate equipment service and other contracts with vendors and ensure appropriate level of service based on risk
- Analyze various sources of supplier data and build reports on spend, delivery, and quality metrics
- Implement e-procurement tools such as punchout catalogs
- Provide ad hoc training and support for internal customers on the purchasing process and system
- Support documentation of purchasing policies and ensure adherence
- Support other sourcing and procurement activities as required
Experience and Education:
- 5+ years of supply chain, procurement, or related experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with a Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or similar fields
- 3+ years of supply chain, procurement, or related experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with a Master’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or similar fields
- Experience with enterprise systems such as Oracle NetSuite or similar
- Experience performing advanced data analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Can work independently and under general direction to accomplish objectives
- Can act as a primary contact on projects or business processes
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly fluid company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $115,000 to $136,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
Note: At this time, Neogene is not sponsoring VISAs.
At Neogene we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Neogene is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Headline: We embrace our individual differences.
"Our mission is to build a workforce reflective of our communities to be receptive to patients' broad and unique perspectives, enabling us to empathize with their needs. Together, we strive to uphold a value system that promotes:
- Opportunities for continuous learning to drive behavioral change and to be respectful of other points of view
- A collaborative culture that leverages the diverse perspectives of employees and supports courage
- Zero tolerance for discrimination
We are committed to an emotionally and psychologically safe workplace that trusts employees to boldly explore innovative solutions. We recognize that intentionally embracing diversity at Neogene, empowers us to better relate to patients, and advance our mission to deliver cures where none exist.”