We’re seeking a Senior Manager of Business Development (BD) - Transactions to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods. As a member of our Finance Team, you’ll work with R&D, Legal, and other functions to negotiate and close a variety of BD transactions.Who will love this job:
- An experienced BD transactions professional who's familiar with the pharmaceutical industry and has experience negotiating licenses, research collaborations, and other deal types
- An outgoing communicator with scientific training who can contribute meaningfully to deal negotiation, execution, and implementation, and represent the company in partnering discussions and events
- A pharma or BD veteran who's led successful “sell side” initiatives
- An enthusiastic collaborator who can build and leverage an external network of contacts in biopharma, academia, government, and venture organizations to enhance and streamline our BD efforts
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with R&D, Legal, and other functions to negotiate and close partnering transactions, including licenses, research collaborations and other deal types
- Navigate business and other issues that arise during deal negotiations; work with cross-functional internal teams and senior leadership to address and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain and update a database of BD interactions with potential and current partners
- Coordinate meetings and follow-ups with potential partners, including the development of agendas, distribution of minutes, and coordination of follow-up activities
- Collaborate with Finance colleagues to quantify the impact of various deal structures and terms
- Support or lead due diligence for new opportunities via comprehensive analysis of industry trends, competitive programs, and comparable deals
- Complete due diligence packages and build data rooms to facilitate assessment of opportunities by potential partners (as well as conduct reverse diligence, where applicable)
- Liaise with Finance colleagues to support the development and/or refinement of financial models
- Pitch the company, platform, and internal programs at BIO, JPM, and other partnering events
- Work with Alliance Management, R&D, Legal, Finance and other internal stakeholders to manage post-deal relationships to ensure value maximization and expansion of relevant collaborations
What you should have:
- MS or PhD in chemistry, pharmacology, biology, biomedical engineering, or a related field
- MBA or JD
- Two to five years of BD experience, preferably at a biotech or pharma company (if you have five or more years’ experience, a scientific degree may not be required)
- Deal Sheet summarizing transactional experience
In lieu of a cover letter, please submit a Deal Sheet.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have regular catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Estimated base salary range: $170,000 - $230,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.