The Contract Analyst, Professional Loyalty is responsible for accurately administering purchased based pricing and rebates for Allergan Aesthetics Contracts. Activities associated with direct and indirect contractual and statutory arrangements with customers including proper evaluation and interpretation of contractual terms and conditions.
Position will be responsible for ensuring that contractual terms and conditions are updated and maintained within Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System and that all rebate claims are accurately validated, processed, and paid in a timely basis. Contractual obligations for rebates to be completed with detailed calculations and analysis.
The Contract Analyst, Professional Loyalty works cross-functionally with internal colleagues in Aesthetic Marketing, Contracting, Accounts Payable, Customer Service, Business Technology and Revenue Accounting.
• Accurately enter and maintain contracts for various market segments into Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System, to ensure accurate data and meaningful management reporting rebate adjudication.
• Conduct peer review sessions for contract builds and payments in Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System.
• Responsible for the proper evaluation and interpretation of Purchase Based contracts to ensure payments are made accurately and timely as per the terms and conditions of the contracts.
• Ensure timely execution of rebates and provide clear and open communication to team members and account representatives.
• Responsible for maintaining an effective customer focus: communicating with and providing claim supporting documentation to external and internal customers.
• Responsible for the analysis and resolution of disputed rebates claim data.
• Maintain systems and tracking logs for contracts and claim processing for review by fellow analysts and management.
• Ability to devise new approaches, methods, and systems in response to the changing purchase-based environment. Possess the ability to test and understand the functionality of the Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System and understand the interrelationships between the various functional applications including SAP.
• Participate and/or contribute to special projects as needed.
• Responsible for adhering to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
· Minimum Education Level: B.A./B.S. degree required or relevant experience, with degrees in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred.
· Understanding of pharmaceutical industry, product flow and reimbursement a plus.
· Understanding of pricing and contracting and related rebate administration and chargeback payment processes are a plus.
· Technology: Proficient in most Microsoft applications; Significant experience working with and knowledge of Revenue Management Systems (Revitas/Model N) a plus.
· Relevant Work Experience: 2+ years of experience in contracting and or related financial operations.
· Skills: Strong communication, organizational, and communication skills; Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet timelines; Demonstrated attention to detail.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
t is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.