- At Takeda, we strive to create an exceptional people experience for patients, communities, partners, and employees. As a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company, we know our decisions and actions affect people’s lives. We look to our values of Takeda-ism, which incorporates Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance, and Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business as a guide in our decision-making process to ensure we do what’s right – for our patients, our people and society.
Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey with Takeda? Our paid 10–12-week summer internship program is designed to immerse you in a dynamic learning environment, featuring a blend of developmental and social activities.
As a Takeda intern, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to impactful projects that play a crucial role in shaping both our business and the well-being of patients. This experience will not only allow you to apply your technical and business knowledge but also empower you to showcase your analytical strength and creative problem-solving skills.
Seize this chance to gain hands-on experience, expand your skill set, and make a meaningful impact on the healthcare industry. We invite you to be a part of our innovative and collaborative team, where your contributions matter.
For more information about Takeda, please visit www.takeda.com.
Please note that Takeda does not provide intern housing or a housing stipend.
This position will be hybrid. The candidate is expected to be onsite in the office 3 times a week.
How you will contribute:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills.
- Deadline-driven with an elevated level of organizational and planning skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Provenrecord of accomplishmentof teamwork, adaptability, innovation,initiative,and integrity.
- Global mindset to grow in a diverse work environment.
- Deadline-driven with a high level of organizational and planning skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams, effectively manage projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office programs
Summary of Learning Objectives
Gain real-world, hands-on experience of the Global Program Manager (GPM) and Business Operations roles in the post-marketing product development setting.
- This position will provide exposure to how Takeda fulfills its commitment to patients for the life of our marketed products through the Marketed Products Development (MPD) Department within Takeda, which oversees the MPD Global Product Teams (GPTs) for over 50 products across multiple therapeutic areas.
- GPMs, in collaboration with the Business Operations Team, drive critical activities of the GPT, providing global program management and matrixed leadership to global, cross-functional teams to drive complex, post-market programs (i.e., multi-region/indications and/or alliance partners). These activities include but are not limited to:
- Management of program budget and timelines
- lifecycle management programs,
- post-marketing commitments to health authorities,
- post-marketing safety studies,
- development and execution ofgeographic expansion strategies in collaboration with global, regional and localcolleagues
- Under the oversight of the Global Program Manager internship lead and the Business Operations Head within the MPD team, this position will enable the candidate to:
- Understand the context and framework of the GPM role in a complex, cross-functional setting:
- Support strategic initiatives to advance the value of assigned product(s)
- Develop thorough understanding of the GPT model at Takeda
- Gain exposure to key GPT cross-functional relationships and stakeholders (e.g., Clinical Operations, Clinical Sciences, Global Regulatory Affairs, Patient Safety, etc.).
- Develop skills working in a matrix team environment
- Participate in the development and implementation of MPD Strategic Initiatives to enhance project reporting systems aimed at standardizing the input process for GPMs and optimizing output to the MPD Leadership Team:
- Collaborate with internal (MPD direct) and external (MPD extended) functional stakeholders to understand business needs related to MPD product development activities reporting and ensure adequate alignment of project objectives.
- Provide Project Management support throughout project execution.
- Lead communication and engagement plan with key stakeholders (provide project updates to GPMs and leadership, seek buy-in at critical milestones, provide visibility during implementation).
- Suggest ideas and roadmap for follow-on improvements to MPD processes (e.g., dashboards, quarterly reporting, future product milestones visibility, GPM onboarding plans, etc.).
- Attend GPT meetings with GPM Internship lead
- Participate in monthly GPM team meetings and provide project updates as appropriate
- Engagement with internal and external project stakeholders
- Attend MPD GPM-GPL forum (if one held during internship period)
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Takeda does not provide sponsorship for internship positions.
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week), within the core business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm, for a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 12 weeks during the summer months.
- Undergraduate student with completion of a minimum of two years of university studies.
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internshipwith Takeda.
- Please note that Takeda does not provide intern housing or a housing stipend.
The hourly pay rate range is $20.00 per hour - $46.00 per hour. The final pay rate offered for this internship may consider several factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500Worker Type
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)Time Type