At Takeda, we strive to create an exceptional people experience for patients, communities, partners, and employees. As a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company, we know our decisions and actions affect people’s lives. We look to our values of Takeda-ism, which incorporates Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance, and Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business as a guide in our decision-making process to ensure we do what’s right – for our patients, our people and society.
Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey with Takeda? Our paid 10–12-week summer internship program is designed to immerse you in a dynamic learning environment, featuring a blend of developmental and social activities.
As a Takeda intern, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to impactful projects that play a crucial role in shaping both our business and the well-being of patients. This experience will not only allow you to apply your technical and business knowledge but also empower you to showcase your analytical strength and creative problem-solving skills.
Seize this chance to gain hands-on experience, expand your skill set, and make a meaningful impact on the healthcare industry. We invite you to be a part of our innovative and collaborative team, where your contributions matter.
For more information about Takeda, please visit www.takeda.com.
Please note that Takeda does not provide intern housing or a housing stipend.Project Outline:
This is a hybrid position with 2-3+ days per week on-site in our Cambridge, MA (Kendall Square) office.
This internship offers a mix of independent learning, core project completion, and exposure to multiple different types of market research and analytics. The position will be responsible for executing and delivering a hybrid mix of data and sales analytics for the Plasma-Derived Therapies (PDT) Franchise utilizing multiple data sources. Data sources utilized will include healthcare claims, primary market research (PMR), and internal data sets.
- Understand the complex and fascinating world of Plasma Derived Therapies, including what these therapies are, how they are made, and how they are used.
- Enhance your knowledge of data analytics and visualization through training courses covering SQL, Tableau, and statistical principles – and translate your knowledge to the key business questions and data of the PDT franchise.
- Meet the wide variety of cross-functional stakeholders who keep the PDT franchise running – and establish some valuable connections along the way.
Core Project Completion
How you will contribute:
- Core projects will be related directly to critical ongoing work from the Insights & Analytics group and will have direct impact to the PDT franchise.
- Projects may include dashboard development, development and execution of primary market research, or complex data analysis for various stakeholder groups.
- You will present your work to business leadership upon completion.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills.
- Deadline-driven with an elevated level of organizational and planning skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Provenrecord of accomplishmentof teamwork, adaptability, innovation,initiative,and integrity.
- Global mindset to grow in a diverse work environment.
- Understand business and intelligence needs and expectations across multiple stakeholders.
- Build internal stakeholder relationships and Partner with Commercial Planning Teams, Forecasting, Market Research Teams, and Medical Affairs to increasingly drive commercial strategy and decision making.
- Participate on cross-functional teams (Marketing, Finance, Medical Affairs, etc.) to help shape the strategic discussions and scenario planning for any new product or device launch.
- Deliver guidance, recommendations and market intelligence insights to commercial brand and medical teams to inform decision making.
- Seek data to answer critical business questions and be able to analyze and communicate it in a simple manner.
- Conduct secondary research and compile data about customer and industry trends to identify patterns and inconsistencies.
- Conduct analyses to answer key ad hoc business questions.
- Create a presentation on your internship experience, projects, and outcomes to present to business leadership at the end of your project.
- Currently authorized to work in the US (United States) without sponsorship. Takeda does not provide sponsorship for internship positions.
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week), within the core business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm, for 12 weeks during the summer months.
- Undergraduate, Graduate, PhD, MD student with completion of a minimum of one year of university studies.
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internshipwith Takeda.
Please note that Takeda does not provide intern housing or a housing stipend.
The hourly pay rate range is $20.00 per hour - $46.00 per hour. The final pay rate offered for this internship may consider several factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500Worker Type
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)Time Type