Sr. Research Associate II
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Research Associate II in our San Diego, CA site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Sr. Research Associate II working on the GI DDU team, you will be empowered to develop, validate and execute cell-based assays that model complex cellular biology, with a focus largely on primary cell analysis.
A typical day will include:
- Performs and interprets research lab assignments independently
- Contributes to experimental design and implementation of improvements for routine and non-routine procedures
- Analyzes functional endpoints from complex in vitro cell cultures to support TAK-279 preclinical research
- Independently conducts complex in vitro experiments within a project scope, exercising judgement to evaluate a variety of technical factors, and obtain optimum solutions
- Independently designs well-defined experimental procedures, and independently provides work group with technical guidance and problem resolution related to methods, procedures, and processes
- Utilizes a battery of in vitro assay technologies in primary cell types to execute on TAK-279 preclinical research including (but not limited to): ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence microscopy
- Exercises technical judgement in execution of specialized procedures and interpretation of complex results, initiates routine and non-routine problem investigation and recommends solutions
- Performs calculations and basic analysis on experimental results and develops hypotheses
- Maintains responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies, and maintains good records
- Prepares detailed protocols / SOPs that enable transfer of validated assays to project team members and collaborators
- Prepares and presents endpoint analysis to project teams
- Expected to organize time and plan specifics of project related work with oversight from manager
- 100% lab based at San Diego site
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS with 6+ years research experience, or MS with 2+ years research experience; in a scientific discipline of Cellular & Molecular Biology, Immunology, or equivalent; with previous industry experience required (minimum 2 years).
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of basic Immunology and in vitro pharmacology
- Contributes to the improvement of in vitro immunology and pharmacology scientific methods; participates in the development of hypothesis, conducts analysis of results and draws conclusions; makes modifications to experimental procedures and techniques
- Communicates and collaborates with colleagues effectively
- Knowledge in the use of common analytic softwares including Microsoft Office programs and Graphpad Prizm
- With latitude in specific areas, plans and executes in vitro experiments with appropriate controls; decisions have moderate to advanced scope and impact technical operations or project deadlines
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act,Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Base Salary Range: $77,000 to $110,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
San Diego, CAWorker Type