Research Scientist II, Inflammation Discovery Research
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Research Scientist II in our San Diego, CA site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Research Scientist II working on the GI DDU team, you will be empowered to design, execute and analyze discovery immunology and in vitro preclinical pharmacology studies of inflammation and autoimmunity with a focus on TYK2 inhibition for multiple disease indications.
A typical day will include:
- Independently identify and implement new assay technologies that have an impact on project advancement, assay throughput and/or assay performance
- Initiate investigation of new experimental approaches to a wide range of problems using scientific theory and technical literature with a focus on TYK2 pathway.
- Utilize a battery of in vitro assay technologies in primary cell types and cell lines to execute on programs including (but not limited to): ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence microscopy
- Design and execute complex cell-based assays including co-cultures, 3D microtissues / organoids.
- Independently plan and execute experiments for a research work group or project, troubleshoots complex problems and/or specialized procedures, and changes experimental design if necessary.
- Interpret and analyze data, helping to incorporate results into overall scientific projects; Independently generates novel hypothesis and integrates data produced by other disciplines
- Develop and validate new technical and analytical methods using literatre
- Exercise independent judgement (selecting most appropriate methods, coordinating efforts, evaluating criteria for obtaining results)
- Prepare detailed protocols / SOPs that enable transfer of validated assays to project team members and collaborators
- Work closely with flow cytometry, in vivo pharmacology, histopathology, and bioinformatics team to evaluate cell and molecular action of TYK2 inhibition.
- Contributes to functional scientific discussion.
- Maintain detailed laboratory records and contributes to drafting of study reports as needed.
- 80% lab based at San Diego facility.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 2+years relevant experience; post doc and industry experience preferred, or MS with 8+ years experience, or BS with 10+ years experience
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of basic Immunology and in vivo pharmacology
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues effectively
- Knowledge in the use of common analytic softwares including Microsoft Office programs, Graphpad Prizm etc.
- With latitude in specific areas, plans and executes experiments with appropriate controls; decisions have moderate to advanced scope and impact technical operations or project deadlines
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act,Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Base Salary Range: $124,600 to $178,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
San Diego, CAWorker Type