About the Department
Our Boston Research & Development hub, anchored in the greater Boston area, brings together the best minds in life science innovation. The teams located in facilities in Lexington, Watertown and Cambridge reflect the full R&D continuum, from early research through late-stage clinical development. Here, we are building for the future, creating a distinct R&D community based on collaboration, partnerships, and cutting-edge research across multiple modalities and therapeutic areas. We recognize that improving human health starts here and that patients rely on us. Our greater Boston R&D hub merges biotech speed and agility with large pharmaceutical company quality, resources,and stability, uniting the best of both worlds to develop new medicines for patients.
The Senior Scientist/Senior Computational Biologist – Pipeline Development, will be a key member of Dicerna's Systems biology team and will engage in multiple internal and partnered research and discovery efforts. Dicerna is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Ph.D. scientist to help in our siRNA drug discovery efforts. This is a hands-on research position that requires strong expertise in computational biology methodologies
This position reports to the Head of Systems Biology
- Collaborate with computational biologists, IT colleagues, and wet-lab scientists to address infrastructure and computational technology needsDevelop and maintain computational pipelines to analyze NGS data generated in house and externally
- Develop and automate computational analyses tools for multi-omics datasets (bulk RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, etc.), and high-throughput screening data
- Apply computational biology methods to turn diverse data streams into scientific insights
- Contribute to improving the software and hardware infrastructure underlying analysis pipelines, visualizations, and data apps
- Create effective data visualizations and communicate study results to cross-functional teams
up to 10% overnight travel required.
- Masters degree with with 5+ years of experience required
- Ph.D. with 4+ years of experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science or a related field may also be considered
- Relevant experience includes:
- Working with NGS data in an academic or industry setting
- Experience in Python, R, common data science packages and bioinformatic toolkits
- Experience with computational pipeline development and maintenance in cloud (snakemake, nextflow, etc)
- Experience with computational notebooks (i.e., Jupyter), version control (i.e., Git), good practice of code documentation, coding standards, and use of unit tests
- Expertise in Perl is a plus
- Experience with high performance computing cluster management is a plus
- Strong data visualization skills and experience developing data apps (Streamlit/Dash/Flask)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to clearly explain computational analyses and their implications to team members of diverse backgrounds and drive decision-making
- Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Experience with cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, etc.), databases, and web development is desirable.
- Contribution to development of bioinformatics pipelines/software with a strong track record of publications is desirable.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.