About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on three therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II, Quantitative Systems Pharmacology Modeler, Neuroscience in our Cambridge, Massachusetts or Fujisawa, Kanagawa office.
As a Quantitative Systems Pharmacology Modeler in Neuroscience Therapeutic Area - Scientist II working in the DMPK & Modeling team, you will be empowered to interface between drug discovery units, translational medicine, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, nonclinical drug safety, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology, clinical sciences, and pharmacovigilance to influence drug discovery and development.
How you will contribute:
- Support global drug discovery and development by building systems models for novel therapeutic agents, including small molecules, oligonucleotides, biologics, to treat various neurological diseases including neurodegeneration and neuromuscular diseases.
- Collaborate with preclinical research and drug discovery, translational medicine, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, nonclinical drug safety, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology, clinical sciences, and pharmacovigilance to develop mathematical models to understand the targeted biological pathways and exposure-response/safety relationship of novel therapeutic agents.
- Formulate and implement team-engaged right modeling & simulation strategy to assist drug discovery and development, through establishing PK/PD relationships and create mechanistic systems pharmacology/toxicology models to support project needs in forward and reverse translational manners.
- In-depth understanding of pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, biochemistry, immunology, numerical methods, as well as hands-on experience with modeling software, and ability to clearly present modeling and simulation findings.
- Design and build translational PK/PD/efficacy and mechanistic and/or systems models to assist with drug candidate selection, translational human pharmacologically active/efficacious dose prediction, safety margin selection, study design optimization and biomarker selection.
- Ph.D/Pharm.D/M.D with training in chemical or biomedical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent area with at least 2 years of industry experience in mathematical modeling of biological systems.
- Strong competency in coding and running modeling and simulation related software such as Matlab, NONMEM, Phoenix Winnonlin and R is required.
- Publication(s) applying modeling and simulation approaches to neurological diseases is preferred.
- Proficiency with systems modeling approaches such as differential equations, logic, stochastic, agent-based, mixed effects or other advanced mechanistic modeling approaches is essential.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
- The role is based in Cambridge, MA or Fujisawa, Kanagawa
Base Salary Range: $130,200-$186,000 may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type