Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.Position:
Sr. Manager, Network Buyer Leader Location
: Summit, NJ / Seattle, WA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology, and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMSs continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking a dynamic individual to join a motivated team of materials management and supply chain professionals. This individual is expected to efficiently manage a team supporting materials buying and planning activities including, purchase order placement, invoice resolution, maintenance of promise delivery time, interpreting and analyzing of material requirement plan, establish purchasing and reordering points quantities, analyze order fulfillment and inventory trends to support adequate levels of materials, and collaboration with internal and external partners.
The Sr. Manager, Network Buyer Leader will be responsible to develop a materials purchasing strategy including, target weeks of supply, reconciliation of material, safety stock, reordering point quantities, supplier relationship management, and the enhancement and monitoring of department Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and metrics. Leveraging the cell therapy network, this position will make use of existing innovations and future technologies to support supply and material requirements.
As the leader of Network Raw Materials Planning organization, the Manager, Network Buyer Lead will be accountable for the following essential team deliverables and responsibilities:
- Joining a team of highly qualified materials management and supply chain professionals, this individual will lead a team in the establishment, development and management of materials resource planning strategy including, management of purchase requisition and purchase orders, short-term supplier relationship management, purchasing and reordering points requirements, logistics, and deployment of strategic objectives and milestone to maintain target inventory and safety stock levels to support cell therapy network.
- Manage and optimize network material supply purchasing in partnership with other functional areas. Lead and manage purchasing and replenishment strategies models for raw materials, components, and reagents, ensuring that material demands are continuously met through periods of high growth and expansion.
- Develop and lead harmonization in materials purchasing requirements process by establishing and managing a cadence of departmental reviews of historical raw material trends and predict demand to maximize supply chain efficiency and aligns with department and company objectives. Accountable for leading the purchasing and buying team through the process of managing and monitoring of material supply availability and requirements to assess material constraints and ensure supply chain and materials stability for the cell therapy network.
- Establish, manage, and track key metrics and performance indicators. Define and manage the process of escalating risk and issues of material availability in the frozen period and 36-month planning horizon in alignment with SD&OP process. Proactive manage and lead the process of monitoring inventory, purchase orders, and supply positions, projections, supplier delivery and capacity risk, and identify cost savings opportunities.
- Develop, establish, and manage standard work procedures and measurement for all internal material activities that improve personnel planning and resource utilization. This individual will be able to demonstrate a proven record of developing, implementing, and managing a team and process focused on supply and materials purchasing strategy on a rapid scale growth with high value and high-volume raw materials in a regulated environment.
- Lead short, medium, and long-range materials requirement purchasing and replenishment analysis to identify supply gaps and ensure supply continuity to support strategic objectives. Establish and manage the team and process of purchasing ordering points, inventory turns, and commitments consistent with financial implications and reasonable business dynamics based on inventory policies and supply chain constraints. Support and lead all finance inventory and material assessments for audits; monthly, quarterly, and yearly inventory reports.
- Subject matter expert in all areas of supply and material purchasing practices and methodologies in a highly regulated and complex supply chain structure. Lead the team in the collaborative and cohesively work with cross-functional teams in support of operational efficiency, flexibility, and assurance of material availability. Lead, implement, and manage process improvements initiatives by maintaining open communication with all teams and fostering environment of cooperation in which to achieve shared goals.
- Lead and manage process improvements initiatives related to network materials purchasing requirements including, supplier relationship, network inventory rebalancing, safety stock analysis, reordering points, and purchasing ordering points. Demonstrate team leadership by effectively removing barriers of execution and drive cross-functional alignment.
- Demonstrate understanding of the end-to-end supply chain, purchasing strategy, material requirements planning, and manufacturing operations. Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in a complex enterprise and network environment. Manage the process of monitoring purchase orders receipts and invoice resolution from all suppliers and ensure timely delivery and availability of materials in accordance with inventory plan, safety stock policy, and on-time delivery metrics.
- Act as a central point of contact to develop and support relations between internal (SS&P, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing, etc.) and externals (Vendors, suppliers, etc.) stakeholders. Manage the team and process of analyzing and determining purchasing requirements that are consistent in alignment with the SD&OP process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree in applied science.
- 6+ years relevant experience.
- 3+ years relevant experience with materials management and/or supply planning within cGMP operations in matrixed organization with multi-level setup
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a positive attitude that is willing to assist other areas of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform frequent physical tasks with strength and mobility. Daily tasks call for routine walking and standing and occasional lifting of heavy materials.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and maintain a strong attention to detail.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in ERP and MRP systems (I.e., Oracle, SAP, QAD, IBP)
- Flexible scheduling required.
- Any equivalency combination of education, experience, and training may substitute.
The starting compensation for this job based in Washington state is a range from $114,000 - $144,000, plus incentive cash and stockopportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed.
Final, individual compensation will be decided based on demonstrated experience.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location. For more on benefits, please visit our BMSCareer Site.
Benefit offerings are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effect and may include the following: Medical,pharmacy, dental and vision care. Wellbeing support such as the BMS Living Life Better program and employee assistance programs (EAP).Financial well-being resources and a 401(K). Financial protection benefits such as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, supplementalhealth insurance, business travel protection and survivor support. Work-life programs include paid national holidays and optional holidays,Global Shutdown days between Christmas and New Years holiday, up to 120 hours of paid vacation, up to two (2) paid days to volunteer, sicktime off, and summer hours flexibility. Parental, caregiver, bereavement, and military leave. Family care services such as adoption andsurrogacy reimbursement, fertility/infertility benefits, support for traveling mothers, and child, elder and pet care resources. Other perks liketuition reimbursement and a recognition program.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion, and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, theres no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.