Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
The Senior Associate, Analytical Development will be responsible for the execution of routine testing, including but not limited to flow cytometry assay, cell-based cytotoxicity assay, or PCR-based assay, to release and characterize engineered TCR-T cell drug product. Additionally, this role may contribute to the daily operational tasks in Analytical Development team. This role is based out of Santa Monica, CA and reports directly to the Senior Scientist, Analytical Development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform cell culture and analytical assays for T cell samples using flow cytometers, luminescence microplate readers, qPCR and ddPCR.
- Perform routine testing of raw materials using plate-based assays or other immunoassays.
- Participate in writing and revising technical reports, test methods, SOPs and/or other documents as appropriate.
- Complete projects, testing and tasks as assigned and report results by deadlines.
- Assist in tracking assay results and test method performance parameters.
- Participate in assay qualification and validation activities if needed.
- Assist in everyday operation of analytical laboratories, including but not limited to equipment management and reagent inventory.
- Support cross-functional projects with process development, manufacturing, and quality assurance groups.
- Hands-on experience in performing cell-based assays and flow cytometry-based assays.
- Hands-on experience working with T cells and immune cell cytotoxicity assay is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge in multi-color flow cytometers and analysis software (e.g. FACSDiva or FlowJo) is preferred.
- Detail-oriented in both technical assay execution and data analysis
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology assay (e.g. qPCR or ddPCR) is a plus.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills for scientific studies and projects is desired.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic team and company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
Education and Experience
- MS degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or related discipline with 1+ years of relevant industry experience or BS degree with 2+ years with relevant industry experience.
- Experience in executing cell-based assay, flow cytometry-based assay, or digital PCR-based assay, and assist in troubleshooting aforementioned assays.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. GMP, GLP, or CLIA) is a plus.
- Experience working in cell therapy area is a plus.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $70,000 - $82,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
Note: At this time, Neogene is not sponsoring VISAs.
Headline: We embrace our individual differences.
"Our mission is to build a workforce reflective of our communities to be receptive to patients' broad and unique perspectives, enabling us to empathize with their needs. Together, we strive to uphold a value system that promotes:
- Opportunities for continuous learning to drive behavioral change and to be respectful of other points of view
- A collaborative culture that leverages the diverse perspectives of employees and supports courage
- Zero tolerance for discrimination
We are committed to an emotionally and psychologically safe workplace that trusts employees to boldly explore innovative solutions. We recognize that intentionally embracing diversity at Neogene, empowers us to better relate to patients, and advance our mission to deliver cures where none exist.”