Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
The Senior Process Engineer, Process Development is a laboratory-based role responsible for support development of a clinical manufacturing process of engineered T cells with patient-derived neo-antigen specific TCRs. Additionally, this role evaluates technology and process improvements and play a key role in process understanding and process characterization. Additionally, the process engineer will be involved in manufacturing support and technology transfer to ensure successful implementation in a cGMP environment. This role is based in Santa Monica, CA and reports to the Senior Scientist, Process Development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Design, execution, analysis, and documentation of early and late stage process development studies to develop, optimize, characterize and transfer cGMP manufacturing processes. Involves cell culture of T cells in multiple formats including flasks, bags, and bioreactors.
- Collaborates within the team to interpret study results and contribute to technical discussions cross functionally for subsequent study design and decision making.
- Contributes to manufacturing support efforts; including batch record and SOP development, real-time troubleshooting, investigation and impact assessment for deviations, change control management, process monitoring and data analysis, and risk assessments.
- Serves as a project/program manager with independent discretion.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing and regulations and practical experience in GMP
- Knowledge of QbD, DOE and statistical analysis tools (e.g. JMP, MiniTab).
- Ability to think critically, analytically and have demonstrated troubleshooting and problem- solving skills based on deductive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology or related field with a minimum of -six (6) years OR MS degree with a minimum of four (4) years OR PhD with a minimum of one (1) year of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in technical development of cell and gene therapy or biologics in early and late stage development
- Hands-on experience in cell and gene therapy, specifically in T cells is highly desirable.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $115,000 - $136,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
Note: At this time, Neogene is not sponsoring VISAs.
Neogene Therapeutics requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
At Neogene we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Neogene is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Headline: We embrace our individual differences.
"Our mission is to build a workforce reflective of our communities to be receptive to patients' broad and unique perspectives, enabling us to empathize with their needs. Together, we strive to uphold a value system that promotes:
- Opportunities for continuous learning to drive behavioral change and to be respectful of other points of view
- A collaborative culture that leverages the diverse perspectives of employees and supports courage
- Zero tolerance for discrimination
We are committed to an emotionally and psychologically safe workplace that trusts employees to boldly explore innovative solutions. We recognize that intentionally embracing diversity at Neogene, empowers us to better relate to patients, and advance our mission to deliver cures where none exist.”