Mammoth is currently seeking a creative and detail-oriented Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate with experience in next generation sequencing (NGS) and molecular biology to join our NGS Core. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with colleagues to develop and execute NGS workflows to support the discovery, characterization, and development of novel Cas nucleases for genome editing.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute broadly across technical areas, such as high-throughput screening in mammalian cell lines and molecular biology and genomics process development. This is an excellent career opportunity for researchers who want to learn new skills while contributing to development of cutting-edge CRISPR technologies.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop and execute in-house NGS workflows, including the following:
- NGS library preparation and quality evaluation
- Operate and maintain in-house NGS platform
- Timely reporting of data, analysis, or/and status updates
- Execute NGS-based assays to meet the technical needs across teams
- Detailed, accurate, and timely documentation of experimental procedures, data, and analysis, including meticulous sample tracking and data management
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, genome sciences, biochemistry, or a related field
- 2+ years of academic/biotechnology industry research or laboratory operations experience
- Experience working on projects using NGS to answer scientific questions
- Experience operating Illumina sequencers in a research or core facility setting
- Experience or proficiency in NGS sample preparation and data analysis
- Working familiarity with quantification instruments such as Qubit, TapeStation, NanoDrop, qPCR machines, etc.
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $90,250 - $106,746
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo
gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo
gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.