GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Senior Director, Market Access & Payer Channel Lead within the Galleri Commercial Team.
The Market Access & Payer Channel Lead (“Senior Director”), is a highly strategic, solutions oriented, collaborative, professional experienced in complex capabilities and partnerships. The Senior Director will have the opportunity to lead a team of professionals responsible for driving success within a rapidly evolving payer channel and market access across a growing number of commercially available products. You Will
Your Background Will Include
- Develop and lead overall growth strategy for the commercial payer channel, with initial focus on driving market access for Galleri with near term scope including future GRAIL products currently in the development pipeline
- Manage a team of individual contributors responsible for overall driving market access and adoption of Galleri, including payer account contracting, revenue/pull-through, and adoption of medical policy. Manage the team to achieve all KPIs as set out by the Chief Commercial Officer and VP of Enterprise Channels.
- Establish, maintain, manage, and expand relationships with national and regional commercial payers; develop framework for innovative payer partnerships, recruit and deploy meaningful pilots with payer partners laying the groundwork for broad reimbursement and scale
- Lead a cross functional team to develop value messaging for payers, continuously assess trends in access, pricing and policy; monitor ongoing learnings from the market; and lead resolution for payer-related issues related to reimbursement, coverage, and contracting.
- Successfully operate in a matrixed environment including managing dotted line relationships with designated leads from Medical, HEOR, Product Development, Government Affairs and Marketing. Partner with other channel leads to effectively drive payer strategy across all relevant channels (Health Systems, Clinic, and Employer)
- Collaborate with commercial operations to develop metrics, dashboards, and reports that inform plan execution and monitor progress
- Key performance indicators include overall growth in payer footprint including number of new contracts secured, pilots deployed, revenue growth from payer segment, commercial payer medical policies adopting Galleri, and YoY customer retention.
- Experience in a senior market access role at a diagnostic company, having played a prominent role in securing access/reimbursement for products that are reimbursed by public and commercial payers
- Developed value proposition, value dossiers, key payer messages by working cross-functionally with HEOR, Medical, Sales/Marketing
- The Senior Director will be an experienced commercial and business development executive with a demonstrated track record of success leading sales account management teams, managing extended sales cycles, and comprehensive understanding of lab coverage and access policy.
- The individual should have strong written and verbal communication, including a strong track record in stakeholder management, managing both internal C-Suite executives. They will have a strong executive presence and be comfortable and credible interfacing within the “C-suite”, including executives out of the healthcare industry
- Experience with a startup product or company, demonstrated success with rapid innovation and growth in a highly cross functional environment
- Demonstrated comfort managing to revenue goals in a commercial setting and using operational expertise to solve complex problems
- Experience in ex-US market access roles to secure access/reimbursement in major international markets would be a bonus, not required
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $203,000 to $304,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.