At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly employees embrace Operational Excellence in everything we do, to achieve our mission of Making Medicine with Safety First & Quality Always; following our common purpose under TEAM Lilly and our Manufacturing Standards under the strict code of conduct guided by our Red Book assuring data integrity in all we do in order to deliver a reliable supply of medicine for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental/water samples, finished goods and stability samples by appropriate biochemical methods as assigned by supervisor. Perform routine QC responsibilities as needed. Apply acceptable cGMP practices during execution of all work tasks. Perform technical peer review of cGMP data. Work independently with moderate supervisory guidance.
Manage for Results /Strategic Planning:
1. Perform routine QC responsibilities as assigned by supervisor such as (as applicable):
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of test articles as assigned by supervisor by appropriate biochemical methods such as: SDS-PAGE, HPLC, CESDS, ELISA, Cell Based Bioassay, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative to perform routine QC responsibilities such as sample coordination, lab equipment maintenance, QC document management, QC inventory control and reconciliation of sample requests/documents as needed.
- Monitor laboratory equipment for temperature and conformance to specifications.
- Apply acceptable cGMP practices during execution of all work tasks.
- Work independently with minimal supervisory guidance. Exhibit strong teamwork skills.
- Update supervisor of progress at scheduled intervals. Seek additional guidance as needed.
- Use scientific expertise to provide assistance for troubleshooting, laboratory investigations and problem resolution. Suggest process improvements to QC management.
- Perform assay data review.
2. Perform independent assignments such as:
- Compile data and prepare graphs for documentation of test procedures and preparation of reports.
- Conduct document reviews, author standard operating procedures (SOPs), and assay review.
- Lead special projects such as method validation, troubleshooting, optimization, and investigations.
- BS or MS in a related science such as a Biology or Biochemistry with 5+ years of related experience.
- Good working knowledge of cGMP regulations is required.
Ability to work independently with moderate supervisory guidance.
Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
Attentive to detail.
Good computer skills.
Previous experience with LabVantage or Star LIMS is a plus.
- Travel not required.
- Lifting not required.
- Not required to be on call.
- Shift work may apply.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.