As the GI DD&T Program Manager, you will support and drive delivery of the portfolio of Data, Digital, and Technology initiatives aligned to enable the US GI Business Unit (GIBU) by ensuring that all contributing teams across Takeda as well as external partners are aligned and integrated into a cohesive program plan. The scope of programs will range in size and complexity and will include work on commercial data and analytics solutions & platforms, field force technologies, as well as digital marketing enablement. The primary goal of this position is to be the connector and coordinator across initiatives by highlighting dependencies across teams proactively identifying necessary resources, working to overcome barriers, and driving initiatives through execution to success.
- GIBU Product Launches: Leverage existing technology products and capabilities to enable the USBU product launches and coordinate any new capabilities required to launch a new therapy successfully.
- Data, Digital & Technology Initiatives: Provide analysis & coordination for DD&T projects or programs supporting GIBU to ensure business priorities and objectives are identified and understood. Create and execute on plans encompassing needed resources, time, and budget
How you will contribute:
- You will work as part of the new GI products’ Core Launch Teams to deliver solutions in support of those products’ commercial launches by working closely with corporate program management, brand team, sales team, DD&T business partner, scrum masters, solution architects and solution delivery teams to ensure DD&T launch readiness.
- Work with core launch team to identify the requirements for DD&T solutions to support successful product commercialization.
- You will manage overall DD&T project plans in coordination with other initiative project plans, mapping out key dependencies, identifying/managing risks and ensuring proper communication of the DD&T deliverables and plan.
- Partner with technology product owner(s) and DD&T business partners to contribute to the technology product backlog related to brand launch needs for digital marketing, CRM, and insights & analytics solutions.
- You will organize and execute pre and post product project planning sessions, daily stand-ups, scrum, and retrospectives at the end of each planned unit of work, with a focus on continuously learning from the past and updating key learnings and best practices in DD&T product launch playbook.
- Find opportunities to embrace innovative technologies and processes.
- Foster and enable an environment of continuous improvement through honest communication and regular retrospectives with the goal of raising issues/concerns, documenting key learnings, and identifying clear action steps.
- Attend meetings as directed by DD&T GIBU Lead as support or as delegate to represent DD&T function.
- You will promote and communicate DD&T operating model and principles for governance as well as capabilities of technology and data products.
- Understand GIBU therapies and brand strategies connecting DD&T strategy for enabling them.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Solid experience in Business Analysis, Software Development Lifecycle, requirements elicitation and documentation.
- Strong experience with Agile Project Management and Product-based IT operating model.
- Solid experience in IT product and program management.
- Experience with pharma and new product launch.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Problem solver, overseeing a portfolio of multiple initiatives while building and leveraging relationships to support business and project/program goals.
- Manage partner relationships across multiple verticals.
- Ability to engage in large, matrixed organization and develop relationships so as to be seen as a trusted partner of the GI business and cross-functional partners.
- Innovative thinker for digital opportunities and process improvement.
- Ability to manage projects on tight timelines and summarize multiple sources of data.
- Ability to work in partnerships across functions and teams.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor's Degree is required.
• 5+ years of experience in Information Technology, 3+ yrs in project or program management
• Proven competences in innovation, strategic or visionary thinking, agile methodologies, and people management. • Proven competences in stakeholder alignment, business need analysis, and customer focus.
• Prior experience working with and managing third-party service providers preferred.
• Experience directly & routinely working with a business unit brand and operational colleagues.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask questions.
• Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end-user’s experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or proficient in project management practices, portfolio review, finance, and budgeting.
• Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
• Experience with US Pharmaceutical digital and field force HCP and Consumer engagement strategies, technologies, and data.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Preference will be given to candidates with a remote location near, and availability to work during the working hours of, the corporate office in Lexington, Massachusetts.
Base Salary Range: $130,200 to $186,000 based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Lexington, MAWorker Type