Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Process Engineer provides technical support to the Devens Cell Therapy Facility (CTF)Manufacturing processes in a GMP environment. Technical support includes troubleshootingprocess and equipment related issues that occur during the Manufacturing process. The ProcessEngineer works closely with the Manufacturing and Quality teams to determine immediatecorrective actions for deviations, identifies root cause, and implements long-term preventiveactions. Other responsibilities include participation in process tech transfer and incoming processchanges, communicate the changes to applicable departments, and lead the process improvementprojects at the site. The process engineer works to identify and drive continuous improvements tothe manufacturing process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as a technology and process subject matter expert
- Provides on-the-floor and on-site troubleshooting and technical support to Manufacturing
- Facilitate deviation prevention and deviation closure through site quality systems
- Analyze and summarize manufacturing data to support impact assessments and investigations
- Owner of change controls for process and procedure changes
- CAPA owner for Manufacturing improvements
- Author and revise manufacturing SOPs and provide technical content and direction for electronic batch records
- Leads technology transfer efforts for new processes and product implementation
- Train and support GMP operators on new procedures, processes, and changes
- Applies continuous improvement tools to identify and close procedural and compliance gaps
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and operational efficiencies, and lead implementation efforts.
- Represent MSAT and interface with other functions such as Scheduling, Global MSAT, Supply
- Chain, Quality, and Facilities & Engineering
- Support equipment and systems validation activities, including review of equipment qualification
- documents, drafting user requirements, and participating on impact assessments
- Ability to perform gowning activities and enter the manufacturing plant. Exposure to strong magnetic fields is commonplace in the manufacturing areas.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience. Cell Therapy manufacturing experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in GMP biologic manufacturing technical or process support.
- BSc and/or MSc degree in Science or Chem/Bio Engineering.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.