Marketing Operations - Content Review Specialist
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
Gilead's mission is to discover, develop, and deliver therapies that will improve the lives of patients with life-threatening illnesses worldwide. As a Content Review Specialist
, you will be responsible for overseeing, guiding, and reviewing material from initial submission to final approval within the Promotional Review Committee (PRC) process, and interact cross-functionally with PRC Specialists, Print Production, Marketing Business Owners, and Medical, Legal, and Regulatory Reviewers. External relationships include related agencies and vendors submitting materials to PRC for review and supporting additional technology and processes. Candidates should possess a flexible and curious mindset with a solution-oriented focus. There will be opportunities to contribute to new Commercial initiatives and support business growth while learning about our expanding pipeline. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations.
- Reviews and edits promotional content submitted to PRC, throughout the material lifecycle.
- Upholds consistency and accuracy standards for brand and Gilead style
- Serve as editorial consultant for modular content implementation, participating in pilot projects and supporting short- and long-term process development
- Manage deployment quality reviews of print and digital materials
- Partner with team members supporting PRC Operations to align on streamlined process steps and functional technology updates
- Assist with periodic content review for Marketing Operations initiatives
- Support continuous improvements on training materials for internal and external partners
- Drive on-time completion of prioritized deliverables, including support of product launch activities
- Act as an advisory partner in vendor and stakeholder relationships
- Share best practices and functional recommendations related to industry trends and experience
- Working knowledge of the AMA style guide is preferred
- Ability to negotiate and influence across multiple disciplines
- Ability to learn and adapt to other software tools as necessary
- Ability to interact cross-functionally (Marketing Operations, Medical, Legal, Regulatory, Marketing, and Management); manage diverse perspectives and consolidate input in a fair manner
- Advanced project coordination skills; deadline-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage competing priorities and business objectives
- Strong command of English grammar and good communication skills
High School Degree and Twelve Year's Experience
Associates Degree and Ten Years Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
People Leader AccountabilitiesCreate Inclusion - knowing the business value of diverse teams, modelling inclusion and embedding the value of diversity in the way they manage their teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience editing in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in Veeva Vault PromoMats, Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Education: Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field preferred.
Develop Talent - understand the skills, experience, aspirations and potential of their employees and coach them on current performance and future potential. They ensure employees are receiving the feedback and insight needed to grow, develop and realize their purpose.
Empower Teams - connect the team to the organization by aligning goals, purpose, organizational objectives and holding to account. They provide the support needed to remove barriers and connect their team to the broader ecosystem.
The salary range for this position is: $112,030.00 - $144,980.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.