Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summer Internship Program Overview:
Our Summer Internship Program is designed to give students an opportunity for experiential learning in a biotech start-up environment. Our intern program provides a meaningful, mutually beneficial experience for each student who is willing to bring their motivation and innovation to contribute to reaching our company goals. In turn, our highly skilled Recode team will help students apply their educational background and broaden their knowledge base within their role and learn more about working in the biotech industry. Interns will work with a mentor on a guided and impactful project and will be able to collaborate with and be part of a supportive and dedicated team.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) paid internship that will last for 12 weeks, starting in June 2024 until August/September 2024.
Summary of Position:
This internship provides an excellent opportunity for undergraduate or graduate students to explore & contribute to the exciting field of LNP-encapsulated RNA therapeutics to address genetic diseases. This experience will enable you to acquire biophysical characterization and formulation skills and experience through a combination of hands-on research & mentoring. In this role, you will be supporting early-stage characterization and formulation activities within the CMC group and will work as part of a team under the direction of a group leader/manager to conduct laboratory experiments that support the development of robust, scalable LNP-encapsulated oligonucleotide formulations and analytical characterization methodologies. You will also attend group meetings, department seminars, and company events and will have the opportunity to present your project and experience at a company-wide intern poster symposium at the end of the summer.
- Work hands-on in the lab to assist scientists in executing or supporting experiments related to formulation screening & development
- Conduct in-process, biophysical and analytical characterization approaches such as pH, pKa, electrophoretic and dynamic light scattering to evaluate particle size and heterogeneity, and encapsulation efficiency measurements
- Support troubleshooting and technical investigations as needed
- Conduct literature searches relevant to ongoing research activities and present a summary or review to the team
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Additional tasks as requested
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Material Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific discipline
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and curiosity about drug development in biotech industry
- Desire to learn and contribute to meaningful projects
Salary Range: $30-$35/hr
Benefits Offered for Full-Time Employees:
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.