The position is in the QC Microbiology Lab/Microbial Identification Team
Subculture microbes for identification.
- Performs various microbial identification methods (Microscopy, MALDI, Microseq).
- Cross-trains on other microbiological testing methods (bioburden, sterility, plate reading) and supports testing as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete, legible, and concurrent records of work performed and enters results in the laboratory notebook.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the LIMS computer system. Enters data and results into the system.
- Review test data/results for reporting and documentation accuracy.
- Supports QC assessments for deviations
- Demonstrates an awareness of cGMP and maintains compliance with these regulations.
- Follows schedules and meets deadlines.
- Communicates aberrant results to laboratory supervision immediately.
- Follows company and departmental policies.
- Completes other duties as assigned by Laboratory Management and/or Group Lead.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (Microbiology, Biology) or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of laboratory experience or proven demonstration to perform in the role may be considered.
- Knowledge of cGMP standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QC systems.
- Capacity to work independently and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs and compendial methods is preferred.
- Proficiency in microbiological identification methods (MALDI, MicroSeq) including troubleshooting is a plus.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!