Reporting to the VP Commercial Development, the Executive Director, Global Portfolio Development oversees the development of global strategies across the entirety of the Vaccines portfolio, including current products (Fluad, Flucelvax), New Products in Development (aQIVc, sa-mRNA, COVID-19), and the evaluation of new adjacent vaccines for further development. You will also co-leads the Vaccines Therapeutic Area Leadership Team (vTALT) along with the VP, Clinical Development. The vTALT makes main investment decisions on the future of the Vaccines portfolio.
You will lead a team of senior leaders that focuses on important strategic Commercial needs for our organization, including: global franchise strategy, new product development, launch planning life-cycle management, product positioning, pricing strategy, publications, communications, and more. The Executive Director, Global Portfolio Development is a member of the Commercial Development Leadership Team and interfaces with Commercial associates across the globe and senior business owners in relevant departments, such as Regulatory, Clinical Development, Legal, Medical Affairs, Business Development, Finance, Research & Development.
Leads the Global Portfolio Development Strategy
- Lead a team of senior leaders dedicated to the development and execution of global strategies across all of CSL Seqirus Franchises of products, including, marketed vaccines, new products in development, and the evaluation of new adjacent vaccines and their fit within the portfolio
- Represent the CSL Seqirus differentiation strategy across the organization
- Direct strategy to expand to new geographies
- Direct the development of the annual strategic plan for CSL Seqirus Vaccine Franchises
- Oversee the global product positioning and pricing strategy for different assets across the portfolio
- Direct the commercial assessment of new product development plans
- Set the priority and investment levels across franchises and brands to best meet the near and long term goals of the department
- Direct the development of large business cases that support development of all assets
- Overseas the teams developing global messaging and materials across the portfolio
- Develop and oversee life-cycle management (LCM) strategies that allow for short- and long-term growth of Commercialized brands
- Oversee the budgeting for the team and identify cost improvements/efficiencies
Co-leads the Vaccines Therapeutic Area Leadership Team
- Co-Lead the governance of all Vaccines projects in development in ph 1 and beyond
- Direct the team in evaluating important development milestones, i.e. clinical trial design, comparators, timing.
- Set prioritization of projects from Research through Commercialization
- Identify data gaps and influence global, teams to develop strategies to fill them
- Convinces Senior Leadership (SVPs, EVPs) on investment strategies for the Vaccines Portfolio
- Direct proposals to receive funding for clinical investment
- Direct teams leading strategic programs
- Align Commercial Leadership across the organization in important development decisions
Influence with Commercial Organization and Leadership
- Lead strategic discussions with Regional Leaders to develop Seqirus’ new products with a global view on the business
- Influence Sr. Leadership (VP and above) to make key decisions affecting the future of the portfolio using strategic assessments
- Collaborate on major decisions with VP, Commercial Development and other Regional Leaders
- Influence leaders to develop necessary tools (data generation, real-world evidence, regulatory licenses, etc.) to help implement the global franchise strategies
Your skills and experience
- Bachelors' degree in business/marketing, life sciences or healthcare discipline; MBA or other graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 12+ years' healthcare experience with 10+ years' pharmaceutical/ biotech sales and marketing experience
- Record of accomplishment across several commercial functions
- Experience launching new and growing established products
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans
- 7+ years’ experience leading and managing teams in a global organization
- Exceptional leadership and people management competencies, including strategic thinking, building and optimizing teams, and developing, mentoring and coaching direct reports and colleagues.
- Experience influencing and motivating Executive Leadership, peers, and your team
- Exceptional ability to build consensus through influence management across teams and align against common goals
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills are necessary to the role, with the ability to summarize data and information into insightful trends; including a financial acumen which is needed to build sound business cases for investment and decision making
- Experience with the vaccines/flu/COVID (and RSV) market dynamics and landscape
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, and PTO available from your first day of hire.
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!