About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on three therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director of Information Strategy, Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics and Modeling (DMPK&M) in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
- The Global Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics and Modeling (DMPK&M) department at Takeda is seeking an information strategist with significant experience leading document, data and knowledge management, semantic strategy, migration, and deployment/ implementation in the global pharmaceutical industry.
- This person will lead a multi-disciplinary data strategy team to develop the computational infrastructure to query, integrate, model and report data across multiple functions.
- The candidate will have a proven record of success in implementing enterprise- level business improvement and technology solutions with respect to data and knowledge management.
- The candidate will collaborate with scientists to develop machine learning based tools and predictive solutions, thus implementing continuous improvement in Takeda R&D.
How you will contribute:
- Works within the DMPK&M department, and across Preclinical Translational Sciences to build a consistent practice of data and information strategy.
- Collaborates with scientists in DMPK&M to develop strategic plans and roadmaps, tactical initiatives, key performance indicators, and reporting dashboards
- Leads global efforts for information and document strategy, enhancing ability to discover, reuse, and mine information more efficiently.
- Collaborates with partners in R&D at Takeda to align data standards and terminologies, effective governance, and data stewardship.
- Builds and enhances external network to keep a pulse on emerging technologies, novel strategies and partnership opportunities.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- General understanding of DMPK, modeling and simulation, drug discovery and development, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of DMPK data and documentation strategy.
- Comprehensive understanding of document, data and knowledge management.
- Achieves success for Takeda by collaboratively working with partners across the organization.
- Ability to work across functions, regions and cultures.
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms.
- Demonstrates leadership presence and confidence.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Provides input to highly complex decisions that impacts functional area.
- Accountable for decision making for designated function.
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions.
- Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence on behalf of DMPK&M and implement continuous innovation.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions.
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market.
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity.
- Ability to see and understand a broader, enterprise level perspective.
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years experience , or MS with 16+ years experience, or BS with 18+ years experience.
- Preference towards a degree in information technology, chemistry, pharmacology, or life sciences and 15+ years experience of information strategy in pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Proactive, innovative, with good problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams and drive alignment across key stakeholders, including executive level.
- Strong influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures.
- Passionate about leading cultural change towards the efficient use and re-use of data, as a robust foundation for AI/ ML.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
- The role is based in Cambridge, MA
Base Salary Range: $165,200-$236,000 Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type