At Novo Nordisk, we are helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our newer Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) facility in Clayton, NC sits on 825,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art equipment, and houses the Fermentation, Recovery and Purification in the production of ingredients for Novo Nordisk’s innovative oral products. At API, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
As a member of the site management team, you will be setting the agenda within all people related processes, organizational development, and training procedures. You will be the trusted advisor for the Corporate Vice President and the leadership team. Together with local stakeholders and Center of Excellences you will ensure we have world class P&O processes fit for our production sites. You will lead the local training teams/functions anchored in P&O, including Training & Technical Writing teams.
Reports to VP
- Translate business strategies and priorities into concrete P&O strategies and plans, ensuring organizational development and effectiveness
- Act as the trusted advisor for the Corporate Vice President and the management team, provide expert advice & counsel
- Drive the agenda working with Culture & engagement, leading organizational change management, talent development and resource management
- Lead the discussions about Organizational response and development for the business challenges as a part of the Business Review process/ meetings
- Deliver projects that continuously improve the employee life cycle: attraction, onboarding, development, performance, rewards & exit
- Sustain company values (Novo Nordisk way) By delivering clear and concise feedback on performance and behaviors while empowering managers to do the same
- Establish & continuously improve programs, practices & policies which serve the needs of the business & the needs of employees
- Role model P&O shop floor presence securing strong understanding and escalation of P&O related issues
- Ensure we have world class P&O processes that fit our production area through partnering with local stakeholders, NA Operations and Centers of Excellence as required
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of a robust Early talent program to cultivate a strong talent pipeline
- Ensure compliance of training & documentation (SOPs) for operations
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
Ability to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction. Ability to travel up to 10% of the time. (% can change on a case by case basis based on the role.)
Development of People
Supervisory, ensure that reporting personnel have individual development plans (IDP), with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process. Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility. Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
QualificationsBachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources, or a relevant field of study from an accredited university requiredMaster's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field of study from an accredited university preferred.PHR/SPHR certification preferredMinimum of ten (10) years of broad human resources management experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment requiredFive (5) years of direct management experience requiredExcellent working knowledge of all functional areas within Human Resources, including training in regulated environments & relevant employment law at the federal, state & local level, including Affirmative Action requirements requiredOutstanding people leadership skills to set direction, dare to speak up, listen and create followshipStrong experience in the P&O function and ability to navigate stakeholders on different levels of the organization, ensuring all is linked to a P&O shop floor perspective requiredExperience within training and training systems from a pharmaceutical perspective is preferredOutstanding written, verbal, & public speaking skills requiredDemonstrated excellence in coaching, facilitation, & communication requiredOutstanding organization & planning skills & development of meaningful objectives & action plans to support stakeholders requiredExperience with transforming cultures through change management & organizational development preferred
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.