Regeneron is advancing its pipeline portfolio using a data-driven human translational approach. As part of this initiative, the Precision Medicine team is integrated with Discovery Research and Clinical Development teams to promote early adoption of biomarker strategy to guide clinical translation. The team collaborates with Clinical Sciences colleagues to develop the clinical experimental sciences (CES) studies for generating clinically testable, mechanistic hypotheses for each molecule, including developing scientific rationale for initial and new indications for PoC. Precision Medicine leads the biomarker strategy and execution to achieve proof of mechanism/concept in early clinical trials. The team also implements Precision Medicine strategies, including patient stratification and selection, to support late-stage clinical programs and companion diagnostics. Our team includes Precision Medicine Strategy Leads, Precision Medicine Operations specialists, as well as Quantitative Translation and Companion Diagnostics scientists.
We are looking for a motivated individual who can conduct clinical data analysis in an open and collaborative working environment. This role will encompass exploratory analyses and visualization of transcriptomics, genomics, ctDNA, proteomics, imaging, and other biomarker data. This position also requires the development of tools and dashboards for querying, visualizing, and cleaning data. The individual will work collaboratively with internal and external groups to assure data integrity, best practices for analytics and data visualization, and offering strategic insights to drive Precision Medicine objectives.
As a Sr. Scientist in Precision Medicine, a typical day may include the following:
- Drive analyses of exploratory biomarker data types across a range of exploratory studies.
- Lead the preparation of quality checked tables and graphs depicting research results for scientific presentations, manuscripts, and reports.
- Effectively communicate analytical plans and timelines for multiple concurrent projects with relevant study team members.
- Use both publicly available and self-built custom tools to integrate complex datasets.
- Perform statistical analysis on relevant clinical endpoints.
- Understand and implement data quality concepts and best practices. Identify data anomalies and work with data stewards in other units to perform root cause analysis on data quality issues.
- Maintain best coding and data cataloguing practices for business consistency and scientific reproducibility.
- Provide quantitative and computational expertise on data cleaning and visualization.
This role may be for you if:
- You possess scientific creativity, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- You are self-directed with the ability to work and operate independently within a tight deadline environment.
- You are agile and flexible in daily routines and are comfortable with staying on top of multiple projects.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and over the phone.
To be considered for this role you must have a PhD or a Masters with 4 years of relevant work experience in one of the following quantitative fields: Computer Science, Computational Biology, Systems Biology, Statistics, Applied Mathematics. You should have relevant experience in statistical modeling and machine learning. You must have extensive scripting experience in either R or Python and are comfortable in a Linux/cloud environment. A working knowledge of clinical trials are strongly preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$103,600.00 - $169,000.00