GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL FP&A supports the Company mission to detect cancer early, by providing financial and operational insights to promote decision-making and accomplishment of Company goals. GRAIL is seeking a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst who will play a key role in the GRAIL Finance organization, located in Menlo Park, CA.
The FP&A Analyst is responsible for financial, analytical and budget support, and for providing financial thought leadership and fiscal accountability. We are looking for a financial professional who is a strong business partner and who has experience in a fast-paced environment.You will:
Your background should include:
- Financial planning and tracking of operating expenses, headcount reporting, supporting the monthly close, and annual budgeting process.
- Develop and maintain reporting and analytics solutions using the Adaptive Insights platform
- Allocating resources efficiently, monitoring expenditures, and analyzing financial performance.
- Providing strategic financial insights to support decision-making and business strategy development.
- Improve upon and help maintain the company’s Annual Operating Planning, Long Range Planning and Quarterly Business Review processes
- Engage with business partners to provide strong financial reporting and oversight for business decision support.
- Prepare executive presentations for budget, forecast and business analysis.
- Work on special or ad hoc projects, as needed, for Finance leadership and the rest of the FP&A team
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or Business related. Masters degree preferred
- 2+ years of financial analysis experience in investment banking, management consulting, financial planning, and/or corporate strategy
- Experience in financial modeling, variance analysis, and financial reporting.
- A background in developing and managing budgets, forecasts, and financial plans for business units or departments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience collaborating and working on a team.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and ability analyze complex financial data, provide actionable insights and drive results
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, complex and ambiguous environments
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” work ethic and a keen aspiration to grow professionally
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $88K-$104K. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.