As an AbbVie professional, you’ll be a trusted partner helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and finding and developing the talent necessary to make a remarkable impact on AbbVie and patients globally.
We seek to fully develop our employees’ skills so that we can demonstrate AbbVie’s diversity of opinions, cultures, and experiences in all that we do. You will use best-practices to continually construct, deliver, and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization.
With increasing complexity. To continue our growth trajectory, we are searching for a qualified HRConnect Governance Leader to work closely across our leadership team. This role will be directly responsible for ensuring good governance practices across the organization, including fair conduct, efficiency, and transparency.
This role will partner closely with the Operations Enablement Director, and HRConnect leadership team to provide operational and strategic support to optimize how we deliver our strategic priorities, initiatives, and related processes. This role will oversee HRConnect internal and external processes and related controls to ensure they meet required standards. Will also ensure an efficient flow of information across the organization, including working with different committees/stakeholders and projects to ensure these standards are met.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing HRConnect governance framework and documents as it relates to internal processes, systems and operational scope of services and keeping up to date with governance best practice.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability and ownership.
- Talking the lead for governance compliance across the organization and pro-actively challenging non-adherence
- Contribute informed governance support to the overall delivery of HRConnect Strategic objectives, including delivery of ad hoc project work and general support across the organization.
- Partner with stakeholders from all HR, Finance, and Technology consuming HR data to drive data ownership, enable adoption and governance, and help teams stay connected on projects and priorities.
- Manage vendor contracts (SOWs) and ensure adherence to contractual obligations including SLA, PII data sharing, and other critical operational elements.
- Focus on the protection of sensitive data through modifications to ownership, standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data dictionaries.
- Manage approvals for data requests and access, including recertifications and trusted source lists.
- Audit access and adherence to data and processes, identifying gaps and implementing data integrity controls through quarterly reviews.
- Responsible for Business Continuity Plan for critical processes for HRConnect organization.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in business related field preferred.
- At least 5 years professional experience with data governance and data privacy and protection in a highly matrixed, multinational organization.
- Ability to handle sensitive information while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Experience leading broad organizational initiatives and working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of HR system, processes and payroll systems integrated.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.