Sr.Scientist I/II Immuno-Oncology
We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Scientist I/II to join AbbVie’s growing Immuno-oncology group. The successful candidate will join our dynamic team focusing on T cells and tumor microenvironment and work with the team of scientists to identify and evaluate novel targets in the field of cancer immunotherapy and contribute to the growing discovery pipeline. The desired candidate will have a solid understanding of immunology and cancer biology. The successful candidate will develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across scientific disciplines and be motivated to innovate and succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
· Responsible for CRISPR screening efforts for target identification and validation
· Work closely with in vitro and in vivo team members to execute experiments.
· Resolving key project hurdles with available information from literature
· High level of productivity in the lab
Strong knowledge and technical expertise in CRISPR techniques, Lentiviral transduction, immunology, and oncology research with demonstrated ability to perform and develop in vitro/ex-vivo assays. Demonstrated expertise in flow cytometry.
- Sr. Scientist I - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience, PhD and no experience necessary.
- Sr. Scientist II - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 12 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, PhD and typically 4 years of experience.
- Previous experience in drug discovery and/or translational research is preferred, but not required
- Impactful research experience as demonstrated by track record of publications, patents and/or scientific accomplishments is essential, as is the ability to engage internal scientific leaders in collaborative research.
Manage multiple projects simultaneously under fixed timelines. Contribute to various projects outside of his/her own and collaborate with partners from all relevant functions.
Contribute to the preparation and submission of technical reports, prepare clear and concise summaries of their data, and present them to the project team.
Proactively support the team by being a team player and foster strong cross team and cross functional collaborations.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.