What We Do:
Ambrx Biopharma, Inc. is a clinical-stage biologics company focused on discovering and developing a novel class of specific and selective engineered precision biologics, using our proprietary platform technology that allows site-specific incorporation of synthetic amino acids (SAAs) into proteins within living cells. Our product candidates are designed to overcome the inherent limitations of conventional conjugation approaches that use non-site-specific conjugation, in order to optimize for safety and efficacy benefits across multiple therapeutic classes in broad therapeutic areas.
How will you contribute to our mission:
- The successful candidate will support our small molecule synthesis and carryout analytical and preparative method development to support needs as necessary.
- Interpret experimental results such as in vitro/in vivo data to support new compound design and carryout structure-activity relationship studies delivering high quality material for biological testing.
- Collaborate and interface with other functional teams including analytical, biology and pharmacology to facilitate development and execution of project plans.
- Communicate research findings to the key stake holders and present in project meetings/conferences.
- Contribute to patent application writing and research reports.
- Support identify and establish working relationships with CROs and manage external chemistry resources.
- Safe keeping and operation of lab and lab equipment.
What you will need for consideration:
- MS or Ph.D degree in organic/medicinal chemistry or related field with 3-10 years of post-doctoral and industry experience.
- Well versed in modern synthetic organic chemistry techniques, designing new synthetic routes for complex molecules, and carrying out multi-step synthesis of biologically active molecules.
- Hands-on experience with analytical and purification equipment HPLC, LC-MS and NMR etc.
- Experience working with ADC, peptide, polymer, and protein chemical modification is a plus.
- Excellent communication, organizational and collaborative skills are essential.
The pay scale for this position is: $82,000- $125,000 commensurate with experience. We believe this to be possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting, and we may modify this pay scale in the future.
As an equal opportunity employer, Ambrx is committed to a diverse workforce. Ambrx will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.