Who We Are
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This a new and key leadership role within Global Digital Strategy & Transformation (GDST). GDST is part of the newly created Global Product Strategy function, within BioMarin’s Global Commercial Operations, whose remit is to expand and strengthen global brands and commercial capabilities. Reporting to the Vice President and Head of GDST, the Director, Digital Marketing and Media will build and lead best-in-class capabilities in digital and performance media that will drive measurable and meaningful commercial impact. This role will direct and execute digital media programs across all brands and regions in BioMarin’s portfolio. As such, this position is a critical leadership role with strong opportunity for future advancement.
This role will have a high degree of visibility across commercial leadership, local and regional partners, and functional leadership outside of commercial; and will play a key role in building a new in-house digital media function that will help elevate the role of Commercial and our Brands within the organization.
This individual must have a history of deep digital and performance marketing in a DTC/ecommerce, ideally with some digital/omnichannel experience in pharma industry. S/he should have the ability to lead decision making, build trust, align diverse teams and perspectives, and inspire a winning culture. The position will lead commercial decision-making and global, cross-functional strategic alignment.
- Build and grow capabilities in paid search, SEO, programmatic display/social, CTV/OTT, streaming audio to meaningfully and measurably drive commercial impact.
- Develop annual and long-range digital media strategies and plans.
- Direct media agencies globally across brands.
- Key contributor to developing the vision and implementation of Omnichannel/MarTech roadmap that will enable customer-centric marketing and personalization at scale.
- Implement measurement solutions to quantify the incremental revenue impact from digital media.
- Build and develop a high-performing team by attracting and retaining top talent.
- Drive strategic initiatives forward with agility while collaborating in a highly matrix global environment, effectively communicating and influencing at various levels of management.
- Deep understanding of omnichannel sales and marketing channels, including but not limited to email, websites, webinars/webcasts, digital media programs, paid search, SEO, social media, mobile apps, digital sales aids and measurement/insight generation.
- Subject matter expert for internal stakeholders, agencies, regions and cross-functional teams (IT, Medical, Corporate, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to assess business results of marketing tactics, define appropriate metrics / KPIs, and maximize value of marketing investment.
- Experience managing and driving accountability with multiple agencies of record to develop and execute marketing tactics.
- Strong sense of accountability and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment, flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, gain alignment and drive decision making.
- Self-starter who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm, bringing a positive solution-oriented approach to challenges.
- BA/BS in Business or Life Sciences (MBA preferred).
- Minimum 10 years of multichannel/omnichannel marketing strategy, campaign planning and execution experience.
- Pharma/biotech experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, and other digital media/analytics platforms.
- Experience across Advertising Technology (Search Ads 360, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google Campaign Manager, Display& Video 360, Adobe, Verizon, Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn) and Data &Analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, MMM/MTA, DMP/CDP, Tableau, Data Studio).
- Statistical Techniques: Design of Experiments, Randomization – Test vs Control set, Significance Testing, Confidence Intervals.
- Proven track record developing and executing omnichannel marketing campaigns to achieve superior results, demonstrating data-driven strategic thinking, experimentation, customer orientation, and operational excellence.
- Experience in working directly with digital partners to develop and execute initiatives (e.g., Google, third-party media providers, social media community platforms)
- A passion for improving patient and business outcomes and a team player who can influence without authority.
- Ability to travel 10% of time (domestic and international).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.