HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Pilot Plant AssociateLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve peoples lives.Job Summary
Amgen is seeking an entry level Associate to execute a variety of production and technology related operations in a large-scale pilot plant.
The pilot plant delivers data and material to support process development of early and late stage clinical biologic molecules. In addition, the pilot plant prototypes and develops new technologies to support advancement of Amgens equipment and operations for current and future biologic facilities.
This Associate will perform hands on operation of current and future cell culture equipment. The cell culture equipment typically includes wave bioreactors, stainless steel and single use bioreactors, ATFs and equipment cleaning. In addition, the applicant may perform new product introductions, technology transfer, experiment design, equipment commissioning, and participate in equipment design. The applicant will communicate results through authoring standard operating procedures, documenting results in electronic lab notebooks, manufacturing procedures, presentations, or meeting notes. The applicant will analyze data, process results, summarize findings, and identify challenges to future commercial processes. Must be able to work off hours or non-standard shiftWin
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The vital attribute professional we seek will have these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
High school/GED + 2 years Manufacturing or Scientific work experience or military experience
Associates + 6 months Manufacturing or Scientific work experience or military experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Biology, Chemistry, or chemical/biological engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Life Sciences or Engineering fields
- Basic knowledge of upstream and/or downstream operations, as well as a general knowledge of the associated analytical, and media/buffer preparation techniques
- Technically-minded individuals, with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to learn new systems and applications, and various bioprocessing techniques
- Ability to work effectively in team and/or project environments
- Possess strong math and computer skills, as well as the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.