HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Counsel, Value and AccessLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will the Counsel for Value and Access will be responsible for supporting Amgen's US Patient Support organization
Responsibilities of Counsel supporting Amgen's US Patient Support organization may include:
- Advising on the development, design and implementation of Amgen's patient access and support programs with an emphasis on the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute and government enforcement activities related to these programs. These programs include copay cards, free good programs, trial/starter programs, nurse educator programs, reimbursement support hubs and other access and patient support initiatives. Counsel on other platform or enterprise matters potentially impacting multiple Amgen products.
- Responsibility with respect to patient support programs will be across all of Amgen portfolio, which includes more than 20 currently marketed in the United States, and new product entrants and indications, with revenues of approximately US$18.5 billion and may also include advice to the Amgen programs globally.
- Advising key stakeholders on legal, regulatory and policy developments to ensure that legal support is adapted to a rapidly changing environment
- Supporting healthcare compliance related matters as they relate to implementation of patient support programs and relevant agreements with third party vendors
- Developing and providing ongoing training to commercial operations staff regarding legal and regulatory requirements for commercial activity in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Helping Amgen shape external environment to improve patient access to its vital medicines
- Coordinating legal support by contributing as a member of cross-functional team and interacting with business and law department colleagues on various matters
- Collaborate with Amgen attorneys and cross-functional partners to ensure that advice and risk-tolerance relating to patient support programs is consistent and clear across all Amgen products and implemented accordingly.
- Supervising one or more junior attorneys in this role.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will have these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
J.D. degree or LL.M. degree from an accredited law school, admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction and four (2) years of experience practicing lawPreferred Qualifications:
4+ years of corporate and/or law firm experience
Strong qualifications in transactional work in any industry, including structuring, advising and counseling on complex transactions and drafting, negotiating and interpreting complex contracts
Experience counseling clients on complex legal and regulatory considerations
Proven superior legal skills, including: excellent oral and written communication, legal analysis, drafting and negotiation skills and sound judgment
Ability to lead and influence others
Strong client service, business counseling and problem-solving focus
Ability to handle multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment
Outstanding academic achievement
Experience in healthcare industry is a plus but not required, including counseling on:
Healthcare fraud and abuse matters
OIG compliance guidance and advisory opinions
DOJ settlements with pharmaceutical industry
Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement and contracting
Congressional hearings and inquiries
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
Stock-based long-term incentives
Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.