HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern - Pharmacokinetics and Drug MetabolismLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will be working with the Pharmacokinetics & Drug Metabolism (PKDM) department at our site in South San Francisco, California. This group is dedicated to the discovery and development of novel, effective, and safe medicines. The department focuses on understanding the PK-PD properties of large and small-molecule drug candidates developed across multiple therapeutic areas in Amgens pipeline. For the internship program, we are seeking graduate students pursuing research in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) with a focus on mechanistic mathematical modeling and quantitative pharmacological principles. With the support of the hiring manager, the candidate will work on developing fit-for-purpose mathematical models (PK-PD, PBPK) using specialized modeling software to provide quantitative tools in support of the development of novel therapeutics.Win
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The ideal candidate should be self-driven and display strong scientific communication skills with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Masters program for a Masters internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Masters OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship OR co-op
- Degree concentration(s): Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering Degree program with a concentration in mechanistic PK-PD modeling and quantitative pharmacology
- Knowledge and a good understanding of modeling software such as ADAPT, R, Phoenix, Simbiology/Matlab or Monolix
- Conceptual understanding of Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics principles
- Experience in documenting and archiving contributions including data analyses, mathematical models, summary presentations, and reports to be shareable with other scientists and foster a collaborative environment.
- Ability to thrive in a high-performance culture with excellent time management, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills with strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply research findings, capture information, interpret, and analyze results, and develop and implement a logical and strategic plan of action.
- Strong project management skills, proficiency in logistic planning from beginning to end, priority setting, timely delivery of results, and multitasking.
- Ability to think critically, actively anticipate problems and propose solutions and to work effectively/collaboratively across teams, levels of management, across partnerships, use contact networks to motivate diverse teams, and enable cross-functional collaborations.
- Ability to work independently and with ambiguity.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30 - $40.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-173443
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.