HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Be part of Amgen's newest and most advanced drug substance manufacturing plant. When completed, the Amgen FleX Batch facility will combine the latest in disposable technologies with traditional stainless-steel equipment to allow for maximum flexibility in operations. The FleX Batch facility will not only feature the best in-class drug substance manufacturing technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgen's plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.
Senior Manager Supply Chain (Procurement)
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this role, you will report to the Site Supply Chain Head, and will be responsible for leading all aspects of the Materials Planning, Procurement, and Inventory Control operations for the Amgen North Carolina (ANC) site. The Senior Manager will participate in multiple cross-functional initiatives to ensure that consistent and well-integrated practices are developed throughout the organization. This role requires consistent and strong collaboration with local Manufacturing Operations, Production Planning, Warehouse Operations, and Quality Control teams, as well as communication with counterparts at other Amgen sites regarding materials planning and procurement strategies. Additionally, this role will identify, recommend, and drive continuous improvements for planning, procurement, and inventory control processes.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading a team of full time and external staff ensuring robust performance management, staff development, and succession and retention planning processes.
WinWhat we expect of you
- Lead a team of planners/buyers to define raw material inventory and safety stock strategies.
- Lead and oversee the raw material planning process (material supply and demand planning).
- Provide cross-functional leadership across site stakeholder groups to proactively identify material challenges and alternate solutions.
- Partner with the Global Supply Chain network and Manufacturing Site contacts to understand raw material scrap risk and develop mitigations.
- Work closely with Quality Control (QC) and Disposition on material / product specific strategies to ensure material availability to support an agile production plan.
- Develop processes and metrics to gauge performance and continuous improvement capabilities.
- Maintain GMP controlled processes, procedures, and systems in full compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Ensure the Procurement team is maintained in a continual state of inspection readiness.
- Establish technical training, leadership training, and cross-training plans to continually develop staff and build breadth and depth in the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Global Supply Chain, External Supply, External Supplier Quality, Global Strategic Sourcing, and all Amgen Sites to foster process alignment, to advance learning and collective performance, and to influence direction.
- Establish communication with suppliers to resolve documentation issues upon material receipt, or returns, when required.
- Lead and represent ANC Procurement initiatives at the site and network level.
- Ensure master data and transactional data accuracy for planning and procurement systems.
- Oversee garment services for the site.
- Develop solutions aligned with the long-term ANC site and functional Supply Chain strategy through in-depth analysis, coordination, and negotiation with key decision makers.
- Build diverse, impactful teams and create an inclusive environment which brings together different and diverse group of backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Serve as a role model and mentor, designing opportunities for career development.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a collaborative leader with these qualifications.
- High School diploma/GED and 12 years of Supply Chain and/or Operations experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Supply Chain and/or Operations experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of Supply Chain and/or Operations experience OR
- Masters degree and 6 years of Supply Chain and/or Operations experience OR
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Supply Chain and/or Operations experience
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.
- Experience with GMP and GDP operations including production supply planning, raw material supply / demand planning, inventory accuracy, material receipt / test / release processes, raw material qualification, and associated Quality Management processes.
- Solid knowledge of other operational areas such as Manufacturing, QC/QA, Warehouse Operations, Production Planning.
- Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM/ APICS) certification or Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge of SAP and Rapid Response for material / inventory planning, invoice reconciliation, and master data management.
- GMP acumen and ability to represent procurement operations during regulatory inspection.
- Clear communication and presentation skills both within and outside operations functions.
- Ability to lead and develop high performing teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills including data and analytics competence.
- Accountability and autonomy; financial and business acumen; project management skills.
- Cross-functional manufacturing experience (supply / capacity planning, manufacturing, quality).
- Proficient user of software applications (Smartsheet, Tableau, Miro).
- Ability to maintain strong partner relationships to ensure material supply, support Productivity goals, align standard processes and ensure consistency within the network.
- Ability to influence broadly and to communicate effectively at different management levels.
- Negotiating, Budgeting, Goal setting, Resource Planning and Decision-Making skills.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.