HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Co-op - Product Quality / Global Chemistry and Manufacturing Controls (CMC)Stats
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world.
This graduate student position is from May - August 2024, and is focused on analysis of regulatory data and information pertaining to Amgens the Global Chemistry and Manufacturing Controls (CMC) or Operations. The analysis will be designed to observe key areas where agency questions have targeted or wholistic impact to business-critical activities, including business processes and control strategies. The student will determine what regulatory trends exist in part using historical Responses to Question (RTQs) and/or assist in the compilation and analysis of historical data supporting predictive stability modeling evaluations.
The participating student will work collaboratively with scientific staff from Quality, Regulatory, Development, i.e., Attribute Sciences and Process Development functions. The student, with assistance from pharmaceutical product domain experts, will perform an analysis of regulatory / product quality decisions and questions and report on observations.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The motivated individual we seek is a collaborative team player with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA co-op OR a Masters program for a Masters internship/co-op OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship/co-op OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship/co-op from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Masters OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship/co-op starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship or co-op starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship or co-op
- Degree concentration(s) in Engineering, Life Science, Chemistry / Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Experience with a statistical software package (Minitab, JMP, R, SAS)
- VBA for Excel and SQL knowledge
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, project management, problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability
- Proven leadership experience on campus (e.g., projects, clubs, organizations, sports)
- Graduates in Dec 2024 or Spring/Summer 2025
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30.00 - $40.00 per hour.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for a co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.comPlease search for Keyword R-173375
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.