HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Senior Scientist - Immunology/ImmunogenicityLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Department of Clinical Immunology within the Clinical Development Organization at Amgen is seeking a highly motivated scientist to perform various in vitro assays to inform on the immunogenic risk of our protein therapeutic pipeline at the Amgen Thousand Oaks site. In this vital role, you will work closely with Clinical Immunology team members across sites, as well as other functional teams including Therapeutic Discovery, Research and Process Development. Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform various cell-based assays using primary human cells, such as dendritic cell or B cell co-culture with T cells using T cell proliferation, cell surface expression, and cytokine production as a readout.
- Development novel in vitro assays to assess immunogenic risk.
- Collaborate with colleagues to execute MHC-associated peptide proteomics (MAPPs) experiments to identify potential T cell epitopes within protein therapeutic candidates.
- Design and/or modify assays based on the mechanism of action of the drug candidate.
- Implement the cell-based assays using an automated, high throughput platform.
- Generate data, interpret, and summarize results for presentation at internal meetings as needed.
- Summarize results into study reports for incorporation into regulatory documents.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree in Immunology or related discipline and 2 years experience
Masters degree and 5 years of scientific experience in cell-based assays in immunology field with emphasis on T cell/DC biology
Bachelors degree and 7 years of scientific experience in cell-based assays in immunology field with emphasis on T cell/DC biologyPreferred Qualifications:
- PhD with experience in the field of immunology with specific training in T cell and/or dendritic cell (DC) biology; T cell memory recall assays
- Technical expertise in cell culture, multi-color flow cytometry, complex cell-based functional assays using primary cells and cell-lines, internalization assays, and MAPPS.
- Knowledge of liquid handing and robotic platform.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a diverse, cross-functional team environment.
- High degree of flexibility to adapt to different projects and shifting priorities.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.