HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role the Engineer for a Drug Product Manufacturing Facility will be part of the Facilities & Engineering team responsible for providing Asset ownership including asset performance trending, failure analysis, and proactive reliability improvements, maintenance leadership, and technical expertise in support of safe and reliable facility infrastructure, facility equipment/systems, utility systems, and/or production suites. Job duties will also include:
- Support a safe working environment by staying in sync with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules, and regulations.
- Supports safe, reliable and the efficient operation of site facility infrastructure systems (to include all utility systems, HVAC systems, Electrical systems, Instrumentation Controls, etc.).
- Monitors all system status and analyzes to identify trends.
- Develops maintenance strategies and programs (preventative, corrective, predictive etc.) to ensure cost effective and reliable operation of all plant equipment and systems.
- Facilitates business units' capability to perform their functions.
- Working in a regulated cGxP environment, identifies engineering needs for site facilities.
- Defines projects, develops innovative solutions, determines engineered solutions, develops project documentation, obtains capital or expense resources.
- Represent site as Facilities SME.
- Lead and support system improvements, development of detailed specifications, engineering documents and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Lead technical root cause analysis, incident investigations and troubleshooting issues related to facility equipment/systems.
- Solving complex problems, project management, equipment lifecycle management and operational excellence.
- Drawing management for Facilities and Supporting areas.
- Determining facility and equipment specifications.
- Strictly follow the companys safety and cGMP policies and procedures.
- Maximo (CMMS) System Owner for Facility Infrastructure Locations and Assets
- Ensure preventive maintenance related to Facility Maintenance is in place using reliability engineering principles.
- Evaluate current maintenance procedures and make appropriate changes to optimize the maintenance program.
- Assist with development and maintenance of a working inventory control system for all spare parts for area of responsibility.
- Manage the development and revision of related Standard Operating Procedures and Job plans for the area of responsibility to assure all maintenance operations are performed safely and reliably.
- Interact with various support departments and/or outside vendors and provide full maintenance support to meet the needs of the operations groups for all related equipment for the plant.
- Provide subject matter expertise for facility-related expansion and or capital projects.
- Provide oversight on the quality of job performed in GMP areas infrastructure
- Drawing management for Facilities and Supporting areas.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The engineering professional we seek will possess these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical) + 2 years Engineering and/or Facilities Maintenance work experience
- Associates + 6 years Engineering and/or Facilities Maintenance work experience.
- High School Diploma/GED+ 8 years Engineering and/or Facilities Maintenance work experience.
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- Bachelors degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil) or building maintenance, Mechanical maintenance, Plant engineering, or related technical subject area experience.
- Experience in an FDA (GMP) or comparable regulated environment preferably Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology industry
- Plant and applicable industry regulation knowledge / expertise in facilities operations with emphasis on HVAC and utilities supporting pharmaceutical facility.
- Strong mechanical and/or infrastructure capability with hands on experience in a technical role within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with installation, trouble-shooting, maintenance, repair and testing of facility and utilities equipment including electrical and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic fundamentals.
- Experience with RCM, TPM or other reliability centered concepts.
- Ability to work multi-functionally, delivering technical solutions, and implementing improvements.
- Knowledge of the project management cycle and how to support in the development/delivery of a project.
- Experience managing drawing management systems.
- Ability to influence the development of business area strategy and engineering/equipment strategy where appropriate.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments and skilled in communication and collaboration.
- Standout colleague, prepared to work in and embrace a team-based environment that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.
- Solid leadership abilities and experience working in a team structure, embracing an interdependent working environment that delivers results.
- Technical report writing and communication/presentation skills.
- Data driven decision maker.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $41.00 - 49.91.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.