HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern Protein and Peptide Mass SpectrometryLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. We are seeking a skilled graduate intern to join the Molecular Analytics group within Biologic Therapeutic Discovery. In this role, you will learn how to characterize bio-therapeutic protein candidates to support early discovery to late-stage molecule optimization. Its an exciting opportunity for you to optimize RPLC-MS and MS/MS methods to characterize therapeutic protein candidates using high-resolution mass spectrometry and automation.
The intern will perform parallel digestions using the current proteolytic enzyme and Platinum trypsin and chymotrypsin enzymes, using different modalities (mAbs and MsAbs) and evaluate the AUTO digestion results by RPLC-MS/MS. There is the potential to improve efficiency over the current data acquisition workflows and methods. Learn how to analyze digested material using the Fusion Orbitrap RPLC-MS/MS system. Data analysis using PMI Byosphere, assessing an overall sequence coverage and multiple chemical liabilities such as methionine-oxidation, tryptophan oxidation, asparagine deamidation and isoapartate isomerization. There is the potential to improve efficiency over the current data processing workflows and methods.Win
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The motivated intern we seek is science based, passionate about mass spectrometry and method development, willing to learn new technologies with the following qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Masters program for a Masters internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Masters OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship OR co-op
- Degree Concentration(s): analytical chemistry or related field
- Trained from mass spectrometry lab
- Familiar with protease digestion. Understanding post-translational modifications. For example: deamidation, oxidation, isomerization and protein structure
- hands-on experience with RPLC-MS(MS) instrument, and Thermo Orbitrap and Agilent TOF/QTOF instrument familiarity is preferred. Familiar with Xcalibur and MassHunter software. Experience in PTM analysis with RPLC-MS/MS is desired
- Experience with protein metric software is preferred
- Experience with data acquisition and data processing automation is preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30 - $40.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-174372
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.