About the Department
The Diabetes Sales Team leads the US sales efforts for Novo Nordisk’s robust cardiometabolic product portfolio, which includes world class therapies for the treatment of diabetes, obesity, and the reduction of adverse cardiovascular events. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our portfolio vision, business strategies, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. You will drive the NNI portfolio strategy in tandem with our marketing team, and balance performance with compassion to ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most.
At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in defeating other serious chronic conditions such as obesity, growth hormone-related disorders and rare bleeding disorders. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes and other chronic or rare diseases. We are looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Assumes responsibility for achieving sales goals by implementing marketing and sales strategies aimed at effectively selling and promoting Novo Nordisk's portfolio of products to HCPs and other office staff.
This territory covers Eugene, Bend and Springfield Oregon.
Externally, the Diabetes Care Specialist maintains relationships with physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, pharmacists, nurses and other paramedical customers and current co-promotion partners.
Internally, the DCS reports to the District Business Manager of the specific sales territory. The DCS also interacts and collaborates on a regular basis with other field-based employees covering the same geographic areas, particularly the territory partner.
- Demonstrates competencies on a consistent basis with territory level impact
- Demonstrates understanding of the local payer market including Medicare, Commercial and Medicaid benefit designs, Payer Coverage, Prescription Coverage Requirements, Step Therapy, Coverage Gap, Copays, and Deductibles and the impact on customer decisions
- Demonstrates understanding of territory customer groups and affiliations such as IPAs, Medical Groups, Health Systems, and Local Clinics and uses this to identify business opportunities and tailor approach to customers
- Analyze bidding policies/contracts in order to influence formulary status, as applicable
- May analyze impact of managed care in the territory and its effect on prescribing decisions, and modify sales and promotion strategies
- May develop and utilize relationships with specialists, key hospital decision-makers, and other individuals who make or influence the purchasing, prescribing, and/or formulary decisions (and others within the influence map)
- Researches, understands and tailors account plans based on stakeholders and accounts business practices
- Utilizes understanding of the territory market including current market conditions, competitive market trends, priorities, and patient needs to develop and execute territory business plans
- Develops and implements plans to gain access to build and maintain business-relevant relationships with customers: prescribers, support staff, pharmacies, and clinic administrators to gain access and drive business impact by collaborating around the clinical management of patients and offering Novo Nordisk Inc., (NNI)-approved solutions
- Demonstrates professionalism and a customer-focused approach with internal and external stakeholders by actively listening, identifying and addressing customers and patients’ needs, and keeping commitments
- Develops and sustains internal relationships by collaborating across functions (e.g. Market access, Educators, etc.) by proactively sharing appropriate knowledge and business opportunities to impact customers
- Demonstrates proficiency in implementing the Novo Nordisk Way selling model with external customers and during company sponsored meetings:
- Strategic Planning- Pre-Call Planning
- Creates Customer Engagement-Open Purposefully, Uncover Needs
- Adapts Approach-Provide Solutions and Deliver Core Messages, Resolve Objections
- Call to Action-Gain Commitment with Impact, Transition
- Utilizes analytical tools to evaluate territory business opportunities and create territory business plans to engage customers and gain commitment to utilize NNI products for appropriate patient types utilizing payer opportunities, brand/sales strategies and objectives in order to meet territory sales goals
- Proactively communicates and coordinates with relevant internal stakeholders (Pod team, DBM, RBD, etc.) to implement plans and define roles and responsibilities to ensure accountability
- Exercises prudent control over samples and other company property in accordance with company policies and procedures and legal requirements. Manages discretionary territory budget and marketing promotional program budget to support territory sales goals
- Demonstrates a clear and thorough understanding of the disease state(s) and its impact on customers and patients including the full range of treatment options available including a detailed knowledge of both NNI and competitor products
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all promoted NNI approved clinical studies and the skill to engage customers (prescribers, support staff, pharmacies) with fair balance on proper placement within the treatment continuum
- Participates in and contributes product and disease state knowledge during sales and marketing meetings, training programs, conventions and displays as appropriate
Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, and/or Pharm D required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in one or more of the following areas preferred: Pharmaceutical/Healthcare, Sales, Consulting, Customer Service or Military
- Relevant Novo Nordisk experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel); Prior computer experience using sales data/call reporting software ideal
- Must be a self-starter and be able to evaluate options and make decisions on your own with minimal supervision
- Proven leadership and decision-making ability
- Solid understanding of diabetes disease state and Novo Nordisk’s products is needed, coupled with aptitude for learning and ability to communicate technical and scientific product and disease management information
The base compensation range for this position is $65,850 to $141,170. Base compensation is determined based on a number of factors. In addition, this position is part of the Annual Performance Incentive Plan. The role may also be eligible for a long-term incentive bonus depending on level and other Company factors. The position is eligible for a company car through the Company’s FLEET program. Employees are also eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs including medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; disability insurance; 401(k) savings plan; flexible spending accounts; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement program; and voluntary benefits such as group legal, critical illness, identity theft protection, pet insurance and auto/home insurance. The Company also offers time off pursuant to its uncapped sick time policy, flex-able vacation policy, and parental leave policy.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.