About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team is the engine that elevates holistic commercialization of our products. The Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to guide enterprise wide resource allocations, investment choices, drive core operations and develop insights to drive growth and operational excellence across the value chain while innovating for future capabilities. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial operations, insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Lead Platform Architect is responsible to define, build and manage the solutions for one or more business areas of Novo Nordisk with appropriate security controls as defined by Novo Privacy and external regulators like HIPPA, GDPR etc. This role requires specific knowledge in designing, developing, and managing BI, Data integration/engineering, AI/ML and related enterprise platforms with specific focus on managing larger enterprise BI, ETL & AI/ML platforms. These solutions and platforms must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organizations architectural and operating standards and requirements. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organizations architectural and operating standards and requirements. Plans, organizes and directs the daily operational activities of team members in IT.
This position reports to a Director in Business Applications. This position interacts with all levels of LOB Stakeholders, System/Project Managers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Application Developers, Architects System Engineers and vendors as needed. Represents the department as a technical contact on projects. May interact with senior personnel on technical matters.
Builds Relationships & Influences Key Stakeholders:Involves others and supports decision making by clearly communicating ideas, perspective and opinions using quantifiable fact-based rationaleFacilitates cross-functional collaboration among necessary stakeholders when making decisions and developing strategic plansProvides partnership, insight and direction to cross-functional business leaders and stakeholders regarding IT policies, solutions and initiatives.
- Analyzes & Fulfills Business Needs:
- Proactively engages and partners with application development staff and IT staff in providing bug fixes, enhancements to existing application solutions and meets needs of the assigned business function
- Proactively engages and partners with other application development staff and demonstrates an understanding on the design, development tasks and the use of various technologies, tools, standards, methods and best practices
- Proactively engages and partners with other application development staff and stakeholders to assess, develop and implement solutions to meet their business needs.
Leverages Technology Principles, Knowledge & Practices:Demonstrates an expert understanding of many relevant IT areas and their applicationsLeads in the development of data integration processes and interfaces for exchange of data between applications, and devises application integration techniquesParticipates and designs the full systems development life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications softwareUtilizes expert IT knowledge to diagnose issues and create solutions with applications and infrastructureWrites application programs of moderate to high complexity employing higher level languages and enterprise class application development tools
- Develops & Maintains Systems, Applications and Infrastructure
- Demonstrates an expert understanding of developing end to end data management, business intelligence and AI/ML solutions
- Leverages understanding of Novo Nordisk functions to identify dependencies across projects and ensure their needs and requirements are translated into business solutions
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of tools and technologies for relevant applications
- Works cross-functionally to develop, implement and coordinate all testing approaches to systems to ensure applications operate correctly and business needs are met
- Recommends new technology to address emerging challenges
- Champions plans, develops and designs application components or functions
Understands & Applies Risk Management PracticesStays abreast of changes in risk management best practices and oversees the translation of those changes into processes, projects, and systemsLeverages advanced knowledge of risk management processes and guidelines to ensure compliance and proactively identify risks through the system lifecycle
- Manages IT Vendors:
- Ensures that vendors are compliant with contract expectations and negotiates contracts to meet current and future work requirements
- Evaluates vendor performance and effectiveness (i.e., against KPIs and SLAs), and makes recommendations for selecting vendors for future opportunities
- Team Leadership
- Helps others to build capabilities by proactively providing constructive feedback & coaching
- Works with others to build mutual understanding and a shared vision of success
- Strategically seeks out, builds and maintains trusting and collaborative relationships with peers to meet business needs and demands
- Manages contingent teams to deliver efficient, resilient, and scalable solutions
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field required. Relevent expeirence may substitute degree requirement.
- Advanced degree preferred. Additional certifications a plus
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in technology, computer science, systems analysis, programming/application development or other related experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of Project or Technical team lead experience required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience deploying and managing data management and/or analytics platforms related to data integration, business intelligence and Machine Learning
- Certification on cloud infrastructure like AWS preferred
- Expert knowledge of cloud-based technologies, platforms and applications in AWS and/or Azure
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities
- Proven track record to interacting cross organizationally and with customers
- Ability to determine and develop approaches to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Ability to work independently in developing and determining the approach to long-term solutions
- Expert knowledge in using modern database technologies, integration techniques and related tools
- Experience with high-level programming languages and enterprise class application development tools
- Expert knowledge of all phases of the project and system development life cycle and documentation procedures
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.