Civica is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization established in 2018 by health systems and philanthropies to reduce chronic generic drug shortages and related high prices in the United States. Civica is led by an experienced team of healthcare and pharmaceutical industry leaders.
Today, more than 55 health systems have joined Civica. They represent over 1,500 hospitals and one-third of all U.S. hospital beds. Civica has also begun to supply the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile of essential medicines.
Civica recently announced plans to expand its mission, via a unit called CivicaScript, to into the outpatient pharmacy space and to manufacture and distribute insulins that, once approved, will be available to people with diabetes at significantly lower prices than insulins currently on the market. The availability of Civica’s affordable insulins, beginning in 2024, will benefit people with diabetes who have been forced to choose between life sustaining medicines and living expenses, particularly those uninsured or underinsured who often pay the most out of pocket for their medications.
Civica’s mission is to ensure that quality generic medications are accessible and affordable to everyone. Since established, the #1 Policy for the Civica team has been “Do What Is in the Best Interest of Patients.” Civica’s manufacturing facility in Petersburg, Virginia, is the future home of affordable insulin and essential sterile injectable medicines. The facility is currently in late-stage construction and hiring for the site is well-underway.
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a summary from the New England Journal of Medicine. (https://catalyst.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/CAT.21.0189)
To learn more about Civica’s plans to bring affordable insulin to Americans living with diabetes, click here to read an article in BioSpace.
Looking for an ETL developer to automate the ingestion and transformation of data to the company’s enterprise data warehouse (EDW). Company located in Lehi, UT and Petersburg, VA – but remote work is an option.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build data systems and pipelines: Scope, design, and document extract, transform, load (ETL) requirements to provide accurate data (mostly with SQL) in the EDW. Exceptional, in-depth, professional experience with SQL is mandatory. Provide production support to ensure stability, accuracy, and efficiency of datasets in the EDW. Python and JSON would be very helpful.
- Agile: Work in monthly sprints to deploy a high volume of completed and thorough solutions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a team of talented and dedicated collegues. Adhere to work plans and track assignments with minimal guidance.
- EDW Management: Manage enterprise data warehouse (EDW) architecture and improve performance. This includes but is not limited to:
- Establish and follow standards, processes, and tools for data management.
- Develop automated systems to monitor data integrity/quality and data lineage.
- Design and document processes/tools to manage users and permissions.
- Develop, implement, and monitor database backup and recovery procedures.
- Lead research, design, and implementation of database technology solutions.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the continuous improvement of the overall data infrastructure. Identify ways data can be more accurate, trustworthy, and timely. Provide thought leadership around best practices and emerging concepts in Data & Analytics domain. Find opportunities for automating operational database activities to enable the organization to scale and reduce costs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 2+ years’ professional (not academic) SQL experience. 1+ year experience writing ETLs.
- Excellent SQL skills - Common Table Expressions (CTE), Complex Stored Procedures, Queries, Views, User Defined Functions.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Extreme attention to detail and data accuracy.
- A spirit of collaboration, transparent and timely communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, business, or related field.
- Domain experience in healthcare or pharma is a plus.
- Experience with Snowflake, Python, JSON and/or Bash a plus.