Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMSs continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
Here at Cell Therapy Development Operations (CTDO), we dedicate ourselves to both support commercialized products and develop clinical stage candidates in cell therapy by using the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) and T-cell Receptors (TCRs) technologies, which leverage engineered immune cells to combat cancers.
Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven individual to join the Gene Delivery Process and Analytical Development team. The Gene Delivery Process and Analytical Development team develops the processes and technology underpinning critical raw materials used in the manufacturing of engineered T cells. The primary focus of this Scientist will be both successful GMP viral vector manufacturing for late stage program and viral vector process development for early stage program, with emphasis on upstream process development. This position will be conducting wet lab experimental design and execution for viral vector production process development, at the same time, providing technical subject matter expertise with internal and external development and manufacturing collaborators conducting wet lab experimental design and execution for viral vector production process development.
- Conduct experimental design and execution in the gene delivery process development lab in support of viral vector program needs
- Represent Gene Delivery Process and Analytical Development at CMC and cross-functional team meetings
- Support technology development and on-going activities with external collaborators and service providers (CMOs, CROs)
- Work with internal collaborators including supply chain, quality, and manufacturing sciences and technology to evaluate manufacturing proposals, technologies, and processes
- Author technical reports, patents, peer-reviewed publications, and regulatory documents
- B.S. with 6-10 years, M.S. with 4-6 years, or Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience
- Documented experience with mammalian cell culture for clinical and research applications
- Conceptual statistical knowledge with practical statistical analysis skills using software like JMP
- Effective communication including presentations to convey scientific concepts to research scientists, management teams, and external academic and industrial organizations
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and project management skills with attention to detail
- Experience and working knowledge of concepts including but not limited to genetic engineering, adherent/suspension cell culture, chromatography, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, molecular assays (sequencing, ELISA, qPCR, etc.)
- Experience and working knowledge of viral vectors including AAV or lentiviral vectors
- Previous work interfacing with contract manufacturing and development organizations
- Experience developing GMP manufacturing processes for globally-regulated products
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $92,000-$115,000 plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed.
Final, individual compensation will be decided based on demonstrated experience.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location. For more on benefits, please visit our website https://careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Benefit offerings are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effect and may include the following: Medical, pharmacy, dental and vision care. Wellbeing support such as the BMS Living Life Better program and employee assistance programs (EAP). Financial well-being resources and a 401(K). Financial protection benefits such as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental health insurance, business travel protection and survivor support. Work-life programs include paid national holidays and optional holidays, Global Shutdown Days between Christmas and New Years holiday, up to 120 hours of paid vacation, up to two (2) paid days to volunteer, sick time off, and summer hours flexibility. Parental, caregiver, bereavement, and military leave. Family care services such as adoption and surrogacy reimbursement, fertility/infertility benefits, support for traveling mothers, and child, elder and pet care resources. Other perks like tuition reimbursement and a recognition program.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.