Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMSs continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
Cell Therapy Product and Analytical Development (P&AD) is seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven Associate Scientist to join its Analytical Operations team that values data quality, high productivity, and teamwork. In this individual contributor, lab-based role, the Associate Scientist will work in a collaborative environment to perform various analytics testing for process development and product characterization to support BMS cell therapy programs. This position will report to an Analytical Operations lead.The successful candidate must have hands on experience with various bioanalytical techniques including ELISA, qPCR, ddPCR and flow cytometry as well as the ability to interface with multiple groups, independently perform tasks, interpret results, and troubleshoot.
Role and Responsibilities
- Execution of flow cytometry assays is a required
- Execution of multiplexed cell-based assays (Elisa, AlphaLisa, Co-culture, Luminex, MSD, proliferation assays, etc.)
- Execution of vector assays and molecular assays
- Data analysis and reporting with an emphasis on fast and high quality data turnaround
- Partnering with Method Development groups to support assay development, qualification, and transfer
- Developing processes and methods to improve lab execution and data analysis efficiency
- Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks
- Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Order, track, maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents
- Associate Scientistrequires a BS in a scientific discipline with 2+ years of experience
- Solid knowledge of immunology and cell biology techniques and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated experience with serology, flow cytometry, qPCR, ddPCR and vector assays
- Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products
- Working knowledge of statistical software (R, JMP, Minitab) is preferred
- Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to the supervisor
- Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work rotating offset shifts (early morning, evening and/or weekend shifts)
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $75,000-$95,000 plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed.
Final, individual compensation will be decided based on demonstrated experience.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location. For more on benefits, please visit our website https://careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Benefit offerings are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effect and may include the following: Medical, pharmacy, dental and vision care. Wellbeing support such as the BMS Living Life Better program and employee assistance programs (EAP). Financial well-being resources and a 401(K). Financial protection benefits such as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental health insurance, business travel protection and survivor support. Work-life programs include paid national holidays and optional holidays, Global Shutdown Days between Christmas and New Years holiday, up to 120 hours of paid vacation, up to two (2) paid days to volunteer, sick time off, and summer hours flexibility. Parental, caregiver, bereavement, and military leave. Family care services such as adoption and surrogacy reimbursement, fertility/infertility benefits, support for traveling mothers, and child, elder and pet care resources. Other perks like tuition reimbursement and a recognition program.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.