Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Responsible for managing the design, execution, analysis, recommendations and reporting of business analytic initiatives and primary/secondary market research projects for Daiichi-Sankyo's in-line and launch products in order to provide strategic guidance to Marketing and the extended brand team. Develop strong working relationships with senior business partners (Brand teams, Global teams, Co-promote partners, etc.) and lead strategic assessment efforts to provide insights to our partners and customers to maximize the future market potential & profitability of Daiichi Sankyo's assets. Work collaboratively with analytics teams (Business Intelligence, Forecasting, Market Planning, Sales Ops), as well as extended business partners (Brand teams, Access Strategy, Medical Affairs, and Finance), to inform key business decisions. This role will primarily work in the Oncology area, but may also work in other therapeutic areas as needed to align with Daiichi Sankyo's evolving pipeline.
- Design and execute primary marketing research studies to generate insights informing strategic efforts, price/access strategy, LCM, forecasting, branding, and marketing mix.Prepare presentations, deliver research findings, and make strategic recommendations that maximize the long term value of the brand and ensure that it achieves annual sales goals. Ensure projects are executed in a timely manner and delivered with the appropriate level of detail.Manage business relationships with co-development / co-promote partners.
- Develop, coordinate and implement analysis and integration of secondary research data into actionable recommendations for strategic and tactical plans. Identify and attend appropriate medical meetings, incorporate key learnings from papers, presentations and competitive intelligence and identify key clinical and medical findings that may impact branded products and development of Daiichi Sankyo pipeline compounds. Leverage weekly/monthly/quarterly reports in assessing current product and competitive markets for assigned product to drive strategic and tactical decisions for the brand.
- Develop strong working relationships with senior brand partners (including brand leads and other cross-functional leaders) and serve as their analytics “point person” on all issues. Attend appropriate meetings and help organize work/project assignments for other team members.
- Develop functional excellence by identifying and demonstrating “best practices” in market research and business analytics, incorporating learnings from across the industry. Maintain high level of proficiency and understanding of currently available data sources, analytic techniques and Market Research agency capabilities to ensure the appropriate selection of agencies, products, and services that provide Daiichi Sankyo with optimal value for our budget investment.
- Mentor, train and develop peers and other team members in the appropriate methods of marketing research, business analytics, competitive intelligence, scenario planning, project management, data analysis, and developing recommendations.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Advanced degree in relevant business area preferred
- MBA preferred
- 7 or More Years overall related experience required
- 7 or More Years Expertise in primary research methodologies and working knowledge of secondary data sources required
- 7 or More Years Expertise in conducting primary market research studies, and selecting, collaborating with, and managing market research vendors required
- Demonstrated analytical skills required
- New product launch experience preferred
- experience in Oncology preferred
Ability to travel up to 10%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.