Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis is an integral part of the finance team assisting the leader and team in strategic planning, budgeting & forecasting, and financial reporting & analysis across the finance portfolio. This position will need to have a collaborative and teamwork mindset to bring value to our business partners and organization. This position will partner with cost center & activity business owners to provide insight to the team on variances and impact on business performance.
- Financial Plan and Latest Estimates (LEs). Facilitate the understanding of operational and financial requirements for business partners around the budgeting process. Provide support to regional and/or global customers and budget managers, coordinate the development of strategic and operational plans, and assist in developing templates as investment needs evolve.
- Monthly Closing Activities. Supervise monthly closing activities to ensure accruals and expenses are properly recorded in the financial systems. Provide guidance to business partners around timing of deliverables and the importance of financial processes.
- Management Reporting. Analyze monthly performance results and develop commentary on variances including a clear understanding of impact on business performance. Develop and distribute reporting in conjunction with the Finance team leader that provides clear analytical results for business partners and stakeholders. Develop KPI metrics and other tools to evaluate performance across the business.
- Business Partnership and Relationship Building. Develop effective business relationships throughout the organization, including department and product managers, learning their needs for financial information, and providing financial support.
- Change Management Special Projects. Work with the Finance team leader to develop and implement new processes, procedures and/or systems to improve organization efficiencies and cost controls.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- MBA or CPA preferred but not required
- 4 or More Years general work experience required
- 1 or More Years experience in accounting and/or Financial Planning and Analysis-related work, and/or pharmaceutical/R&D experience required
Ability to travel up to 10% potential limited travel for accounting conferences/training, etc.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.