Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The purpose of this role is to support the processes that fall under the responsibility of the R&D Procurement group. The Associate coordinates with R&D Procurement team members, Purchasing, Legal, Finance, vendors and other functional groups as needed. This role performs contract execution, new vendor set-up and maintenance, simple negotiations, prepares for audits and inspections, troubleshoots payment delays, and other duties as needed.
- Contract Coordination: Collate exhibits to create contract draft, Review contract documents for completeness and accuracy; Ensure compliant routing of contracts for internal approvals and signatures, based on amount and signing authority; Create Purchase request from executed contract; and Update CLM system/trackers throughout the process.
- Conduct simple negotiations review contractual amendments details against original contract. Ensure internal stakeholder and Finance alignment with scope of work budget; apply judgement to challenge need for change request; manage interactions with Vendor, finalize execute amendment.
- Audit Ready/Inspection Prep:As per the audit requirement and processes, storage of critical procurement documents are required to be Inspection ready at all times; these documents must be clearly filed and retrievable. Perform quality audit on procurement documents filed by the RD Procurement team, periodically, to ensure audit readiness. Review interpret stored documents show appropriate information and follow up directly with individuals to close any gaps.To prepare for an Inspection, first step is to create a Vendor List for the scope of the inspection. Work with Cross-functional team of Procurement, QA, Stakeholder Leads, to ensure all required vendors and documents are identified, reviewed, stored, and available when needed. Prepare redaction documents for an inspection or audit.
- Investigate vendor payment delays raised by Purchasing and Accounts Payable. Analyze system data, assess root cause factors, and determine actions needed to resolve the situation working with Buyers, Business, Finance, Purchasing, Vendor and Accounts Payable as needed. Take necessary action steps and/or coordinate with appropriate function to resolve
- Vendor Set-up Maintenance:Onboard/Update vendors in Zycus with vendor contact and company information. Maintain a status tracker and follow up with vendors for timely completion of profiles including W9/W8-BEN document. Confirm final profile and submit in Zycus for SAP creation.
Additionally, Liaise with Quality Assurance group to obtain QA risk rating and audit status for RDP vendors. Maintain this information centrally for all RDP vendor for up-to-date evaluations. Review update questions and pending statuses with Quality Assurance group on a regular basis.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred Experience Qualifications
- 4 or More Years in outsourcing, health sciences, paralegal/contracts or related field preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.