We’re seeking a Drug Discovery Scientist in Structure-Based ADME/TOX Prediction to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
We're inviting a highly motivated scientist with experience in structure-based ADME/TOX predictions or modeling of anti-targets to join the team and help us to further the safety and quality of our, and our customers’, chemical matter.
See company publications here and read about us in the news here!
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist who enjoys looking beyond on-target affinity to the host of other properties that are required for a successful small molecule drug discovery project, such as clearance, hERG inhibition, PXR activation, time-dependent inhibition, etc.
- A researcher who has a track record of developing or expanding methods to determine these properties in silico and a desire to learn new approaches to the problem
- A proficient coder who has experience using python or other programming languages to implement algorithms and test hypotheses
What you’ll do:
- Combine physics-based modeling, medicinal chemistry knowledge, machine learning, and a wealth of experimental data to create and validate new technologies for the prediction of ADME/TOX properties
- Exploit detailed information in experimental assays to find implications to refine and improve our models
- Work with our therapeutics group to deploy these new technologies to active projects
- Refine the technology to a level of quality suitable for deployment at pharmaceutical companies worldwide
What you’ll need:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Peer-reviewed publications in the field
- Experience with python or another programming language
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range: $120,000 - $145,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.